help me im stuck on boot to recovery mi 10 5g umi

dannosplz

Members
Oct 12, 2020
hey guys i dont know what i did, i tried to go back from the latest android 11 that i saw here to one of the miui12 here and now i cant boot into rom, it only boots to recovery.
i tried mi flash and the result is always error whether its cl error or super error..
really desperate and need help

And from a recent issue similar to this, after flashing a fastboot image that worked just to have a way of backing out to a good working phone, then flashed a 10 pro twrp ( as mentioned that some mi 10 hardware versions do work with this version), it failed to even wipe ( as really expected), so reinstalled 10 twrp again, installed latest stable EU ROM from twrp, wiped and rebooted but it again kept going back to twrp still.
Just try going to fastboot and do a fastboot reboot ( rather than a twrp reboot) and see if the ROM boots ok, it did on the one I was working on. It was an umi, mi10 5G too.

You have to press the format data button, then type yes to confirm. It's mandatory in order to downgrade from a higher version. Phone won't boot otherwise.

You have to press the format data button, then type yes to confirm. It's mandatory in order to downgrade from a higher version. Phone won't boot otherwise.View attachment 32264
Note that you need to press Format Data, the image posted above highlights factory reset, which only wipes data and that isn't the same.

The difference is, that formatting data actually re-creates the data partition as a whole with a very important side-result - it removes any encryption present on the data partition.

Now, Wiping data (or Factory reset) keeps the data partition and its scheme intact and simply deletes any data present on it - while preserving encryption.

That's why a lot of people, who forget to format data after switching between major ROMs (e.g. chinese MIUI -> EU MIUI), tend to run into issues when booting a newly installed ROM - when the system boots up, it tries to decrypt the data partition, but since it's been encrypted by a different ROM altogether, it doesn't work, the decryption fails and the system shuts down as a result - sending you back to recovery.

Reactions: Poney70 and Mark F
hey guys i dont know what i did, i tried to go back from the latest android 11 that i saw here to one of the miui12 here and now i cant boot into rom, it only boots to recovery.
i tried mi flash and the result is always error whether its cl error or super error..
really desperate and need help
Downgrade EU rom is format data mandatory.
Do it in TWRP, reboot it and reload your rom for flash.