Help With Mi 5 (mobile Data)

Jun 24, 2017
Your assistance please...

Just bought a mi 5 global version. I have activated mobile with one 3G sim and placed it in the sim card tray 1, all is working fine including wi-fi. However, although i am switching on the mobile data option , mobile data is not working/available. Any clues or suggestions pls?

Your assistance please...

Just bought a mi 5 global version. I have activated mobile with one 3G sim and placed it in the sim card tray 1, all is working fine including wi-fi. However, although i am switching on the mobile data option , mobile data is not working/available. Any clues or suggestions pls?
If you have functional Wi-Fi connection mobile data will be off all the time. Have you tried with Wi-Fi off?

Yes , I have switched off wi-fi but without success, also switched sim card position in the tray but still didn't work.
Check if APN(access point) is properly configured in sim settings, if no ask your cellular provider how to configure it
Also check that "preferred network type" is according to your sim, e.g. not on 2G only or 4G if you have 3G plan and sim

Reactions: Patrick Aquilina
hi Guys, problem sorted. my previous mobile had a macro sim and the MI5 takes a nano sim so my mobile service provider changed it for me. However they didn't set the APN ((Access point names) settings so i could not connect to their data network.... To All, if your encounter a similar problem, please check with your provider if network settings have been done correctly. Thanks to the community for your support.

Check if APN(access point) is properly configured in sim settings, if no ask your cellular provider how to configure it
Also check that "preferred network type" is according to your sim, e.g. not on 2G only or 4G if you have 3G plan and sim

Thanks , you have hit the nail on the head......problem was with the APN.