Unusually high baseline memory consumption compared to stock

StaticChalice

Members
Jan 17, 2024
I'm noticing that the RAM usage of this rom (xiaomi.eu_multi_MARBLE_V14.0.27.0.TMRCNXM_v14-13) is unusually high compared to stock, is this expected? Back in stock I rarely saw it go over 7gbs with a bunch of my base apps having unrestricted battery limits, but on this ROM with some bloat taken out, I haven't seen it go below 7gbs even after a reboot, waiting a while, and cleaning recents. I haven't even completely set up all the apps I used yet, only about 5 so far, no games or any big apps. What could be causing this?

Edit: the stock rom I'm comparing it with is V14.0.8.0.TMRMIXM Poco F5 but applicable all the way down to V14.0.6.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-17-10-12-30-910_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-17-10-12-30-910_com.miui.home.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Empty RAM is useless RAM.
RAM is there to be used. Android is not Windows!

Buy a device with 3GB RAM and your device will consume little RAM.. Then you will be satisfied.:p

Empty RAM is useless RAM.
RAM is there to be used. Android is not Windows!

Buy a device with 3GB RAM and your device will consume little RAM.. Then you will be satisfied.:p
That's an odd response, and unnecessarily defensive too. Anyways, even Windows will show/"use" more RAM if more ram is available, this we all know, but what is causing it in this ROM? I have no apps installed basically and I didn't feel stock was underusing RAM in any way so I'm curious for the drastic difference between the two when this ROM is supposed to have less processes running in the background since it is less bloated.