How do you guys feel about this news ?

I really would like to know what keeps people using miui.
theme manager? CM has it, too now
transparent statusbar? AOSP has it since 4.4
settings tiles? AOSP has it, too

And with 5.0 the Material Design will be introduced which is that simple that Samsung, MIUI, etc can't(SHOULDN'T) really change anything except colors.
I for one don't care about miui themes and stuff. But miui does have actual awesome and very useful functions. For me the best thing is automatic customizable call recording. I have set it up so it records all numbers that are not in my contact list and specified a few that are, but I still want to have recorded, like; calls with my insurance company, this countries dreadrul taxes governor, car emergency central, bookkeeper and other business related things like calls with my suppliers etc.

I haven't seen this anywhere else yet, but for someone like me who has to deal with a lot of instances it's a core function I have come to depend on.

Also the firewall and blocklisting functions are very extensive in their functions.

I also love the flashlight shortcut from the lockscreen; just keep home button pressed down and it activates for a moment - keep it pressed and t activates permanently until power button is pressed. Love it, genius and very useful!

As you can see, most of what i like about miui are actual things that have to do with the core functionality of the device; calling.

And oh, the miui video and music player i really like too!

The one thing I truly hate is that there is no drawer. But this is all part of how the chinese love to imitate apple, as apple is an expensive product, thus automatically a status symbol for them. And yeah, asians and status things... Don't get me started -_-

Last edited:
Those ROMs are not official, not developed by the official team. Just another ported ROM and we have already got WIUI. (Thank you Wajk)

I bought the mi2 a month before the mi2s came out. I'm still on Android 4.1. And I don't really mind, I would like to have it because of the security issues, but other than that I'm not missing anything. I'm very happy with my device and I'm seriously considering the mi4

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk

I bought the mi2 a month before the mi2s came out. I'm still on Android 4.1. And I don't really mind, I would like to have it because of the security issues, but other than that I'm not missing anything. I'm very happy with my device and I'm seriously considering the mi4

For the moment I'd try the KitKat wiui it works well on the mi2. And I'd get the mi3, you can get one sooner for a lot cheaper, its not worth the extra money for a new design and a over clocked snapdragon 800 and another 1gb of ram, the LTE model likely only work in a few countries. I just got a mi3 not too long ago and its a awesome phone.

I agree on some points, however the mi3 design isn't really my taste where the mi4 looks very sleek. However they could have made it look less like an iPhone, the front and sides are too much alike

Reactions: blackcatw81