How does Xiaomi.eu work?

P

planetera

My question is, how is Xiaomi.eu able to modify MIUI the way they want? I mean, isn't MIUI closed source? How does the EU team know what to modify and what to change?
I am not talking about simply deleting bloatware and modifying couple props, I am talking about deep system optimizations.
For example removing the ads in Miui applications.
The EU team needs to unpack the app, remove the ads and repack it, but how do they know what to remove If it's not open source?

My question is, how is Xiaomi.eu able to modify MIUI the way they want? I mean, isn't MIUI closed source? How does the EU team know what to modify and what to change?
I am not talking about simply deleting bloatware and modifying couple props, I am talking about deep system optimizations.
The EU team needs to unpack the app, remove the ads and repack it, but how do they know what to remove If it's not open source?
Because a decompiled app consists of "smali" files, which are written in Dalvik opcode (also called ART opcode now). Some of us understand that opcode like any other programming language.

Reactions: MarkHUK
That's how a real developer works..

I am so happy to see that you guys are proud of the work youre doing, as it gives me confidence that this project isn't just a hobby thing but more professional, I respect your work :)

I am so happy to see that you guys are proud of the work youre doing, as it gives me confidence that this project isn't just a hobby thing but more professional, I respect your work :)
Oh but it is just a hobby thing, for all of us as far as I can tell. We just take it seriously :p
The term "professional" comes from "profession" which means "a paid occupation". By definition, we're not professionals. :)