How to change model name Android 10? Mi cc9 to Mi 9 Lite !

MaDMaxibo

Members
Apr 15, 2014
Hi. i want to change my device's model name to MI CC9 to Mi 9 Lite since my phone is 9 lite but roms are released for cc9.
i was changing build.prop after editing it; i pull the file from systemto PC with TWRP Mount option,then i edit model name as Mi 9 Lite, then i pull itback to the system directory of device with adb commands. when i use android 9 it was easy.

But in Android 10 it is not working now. Although i edited and changed build.prop in device system directory, when i pull it again and check, it seems model name is changed to Mi 9 Lite but at the phone Settings it seems cc9 !

It does not affect your device usage..
yes it is not problem yet but it will be important since in Turkey mobile phone's imei number must be registered officially. i can register phone as it is Mi 9 Lite. i have time to do it but i have to do it after some months.

IMEI is not changed by ROM..

Yes offcourse, I know it. Probably I will change imei number. the problem is something different. it is hard to explain especially with my weird english. sorry.

if you know a way to do it, please help. otherwise i will continue to search. it will be possible withinfew days or weeks probably.