How To Install A Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8 - Xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 Beta

parce que ces logiciels ne fonctionnent pas bien sous linux et je devrais émuler un windows ce pour quoi j'ai la flemme ! mais ça marche sous linux, il faut juste que je regarde où j'ai merdé !

Yes you're right sorry
allow me to correct you quite excellent french : "Nous ne somme pas DANS un (in a) forum français ! " mais moi je suis dans la merde :emoji_grin:

Last edited:
Hi goncalom, i was thinking, maybe i'm not root on my phone ! i'll look that way !
Where are you staying ? Are you able to activate the face unlock ? For me not possible, unless i change the region to Singapour for example ! I hope that will change in Miui 10 ! I'm in France btw !
I'm in Portugal and Face ID is working fine. It's all ok.

Gonçalo

I'm in Portugal and Face ID is working fine. It's all ok.

Gonçalo
Hi so did you solve the twrp problem ? I try to fastboot another twrp for MI8, it works and a was able to install the last miui 10 beta. I'm now waiting for the phone to load, it's a bit long, i hope i didn't failed ! i let you konw ! :emoji_relaxed:

I don't know how but i finally boot on miui 10 menu, but now i'm facing this issue : activating my miui device with my account. i have no keyboard to type in my wifi serial number ! how is this possible ! thank for help.

Hi there, installed the twrp_dipper.img and booted into recovery. When i tried to Install the newest beta i'm i
on the wrong Partition or i have no permission to see my system files.
Can't find or select the xiami.eu ZIP file.
Please help me out.
Thanks

I don't know how but i finally boot on miui 10 menu, but now i'm facing this issue : activating my miui device with my account. i have no keyboard to type in my wifi serial number ! how is this possible ! thank for help.

Sorry For my absence, have you solved all your issues?

so, what's the better version of TWRP for the mi8 ?

and why cannot find it on the offical website ?

i din't used TWRP yet (but soon) , but as far as i know, the version of XDA (v3.2.2) is in chinese.... so i prefer to use Xiaomi.eu one :)

(is someone can give me the version from xiaomi.eu ? )

Hello! i used the recomended TWRP and have no problem at all in instalation, but the phone stays in boot logo and never starts. I was on a unlocked mi8 whith the latest MIUI 9.5 stable. I´ve done all the wipes and reinstalled the xiaomi.eu ROM but nothing changes.. Any Idea?

Hi again.. i need hep please! i wiped all the partitions (i'm stupid) and now i cant even copy the zip file into the phone's memory! i think its a file system issue, may be i'va to re format the disk but i don't know how to do that.. please help!! and thaks!
EDIT: i think i've solved it.. reinstalling xiaomi.eu and lets see whats happening now whith entire clean system.

I have use the TWRP-Dipper and the other from XDA. All of them Freeze after some seconds. wenn i m fast i can only Change the language. then it s reboot into the normal screen.

Anybody a idea?

Hey Morgan, i managed to install the xiaomi.eu rom with your tutorial. But the device is in bootloop after I installed the rom. What should i do ? When I try to enter into twrp now , its not possible for me. The device is stuck and just shows me TWRP 3.2.2 0711 mi 8 . Do you know what to do ?

Last edited:
I have use the TWRP-Dipper and the other from XDA. All of them Freeze after some seconds. wenn i m fast i can only Change the language. then it s reboot into the normal screen.

Anybody a idea?
I had the same issue while the device was connected to my pc, try to start twrp and immediately disconnect it from your pc. Thats the way it worked for me and I also used the newest twrp 0806; got it from here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77272910&postcount=46 . Also dont forget to wipe your internal storage , otherwise youll be stuck in a bootloop like me :D

i believe english is the language and it will also increase people that could help.
Have a good one

Hello, I don't understand why but everytime I try to reboot the phone on twrp manualy ( Power and Volume +) it keeps rebooting with the standard recovery of the Mi 8 which is in chinese.
I didn't change the ROM yet, will it install TWRP definitely when I'll install the Xiaomi.eu ROM ?