How To Install Official Rom From 7.2.99.99 ??

eicodi

Members
May 24, 2011
Hi, recently I bought a Redmi 3 from gearbest and came with MIUI 7.2.99.99

I want install official ROM (developer or stable) to procced unlock the bootloader.

I submit the request and when I use the mi unlock tool I received: can get info...try again.

I think it's because my vendro ROM (7.2.99.99), So....

It's possible download the recovery official ROM and install it via updater app??? and the I will try unlock the bootloader...

But I can flash the official rom via miflash tool with the bootloader locked???

Hi, I give my feedback....

I followed this guide,... step by step and I flash official developer china ROM, (complete succesfully in about 317s), the my redmi 3 boot OK with MIUI 8, loggin with miui account and reboot in fastboot.

With Mi-unlock tool I get unlocked the bootloader!!!!

Then from security app, enable root access, and install via play store (install play services using google installer) TWRP recovery.

When I get the TWRP recovery, now via recovery, I do a full wipe and install the xiaomi.eu 7.5.1.0 stable (because I need the ROM in spanish)....

So, at finally, many thanks at all for help me.

PD: sorry for my english.

Reactions: Tetzi
I followed official flashing guide and flashed successfully.Bought my Redmi 3 pro from one of Sri Lankan agent but had the MIUI version as 7.2.99.99. I had so many issues with that version and there were so many third party apps which were unable to remove. Google ads were popping up continuously even middle of the navigations. Once flashed with "miui_HM3Global_V7.5.2.0.LAIMIDE_cb04164b04_5.1" everything was better and gain some performance too.