[HowTo] Install Recovery image

some twrp are a little bit buggy. on the 1st page are some workarounds if decryption is not working
It worked out the decryption TWRP recovery of SKKK ([BOOT]3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v5.6_A12-star-skkk_016c95cb (1))
for the Mi 11 Pro (Chinese release) with EEA ROM stock flashed.
But still I have that the phone still boots automatically to the TWRP (Recovery). After second reboot it boots into to the OS / normal mode..
What could be wrong that the phone boots always to the recovery?

Same issue:

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
It worked out the decryption TWRP recovery of SKKK ([BOOT]3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v5.6_A12-star-skkk_016c95cb (1))
for the Mi 11 Pro (Chinese release) with EEA ROM stock flashed.
But still I have that the phone still boots automatically to the TWRP (Recovery). After second reboot it boots into to the OS / normal mode..
What could be wrong that the phone boots always to the recovery?

Same issue:
do you have istalled magisk? does it reboot only after flashing or always? please describe it

sorry, but if I update from 13.08 already of xiaomi.eu, do I have the risk that I may lose my data? or is it a simple update even if in twrp?

Hi
I have a Mi 11 Pro device over A12.
I followed your instructions to update from Stable 13.0.12 to 13.0.13.
Fastboot OK, and execute TWRP image OK. The new ROM is already located in phone memory, ready to be updated.
TWRP running OK, and when updating new ROM it failed at the end, it says:
"Failed to mount */system_root (no souch file or directory)"
And "Failed to mount */system_ext (no souch file or directory)"
Phone reboots with old ROM.

What can I do to solve this?

EDIT: It worked at second trying. All OK.
Thanks!!

Last edited:
HELP
After the update to Stable 13.0.13 ROM, my Mi 11 Pro seemed to work perfectly... But suddenly DIED
Black screen. Even no charging when connected. No fastboot (On + Vol-)
No matter what button I touch, no response... Hard bricked.
What can I do???

HELP
After the update to Stable 13.0.13 ROM, my Mi 11 Pro seemed to work perfectly... But suddenly DIED
Black screen. Even no charging when connected. No fastboot (On + Vol-)
No matter what button I touch, no response... Hard bricked.
What can I do???
it could be the edl mode. contact guys on telegram as example search for edl / authorized mi account / unbrick ru

Last edited:
Reactions: Franch
Presently, I'm running on Android 11, MIUI 12.5.6 stable eu ROM
Does it implies, I do not need to format my phone?
Can I install this latest ROM(MIUI13_A12)using my existing PitchBlack recovery?
Thanks

Presently, I'm running on Android 11, MIUI 12.5.6 stable eu ROM
Does it implies, I do not need to format my phone?
Can I install this latest ROM(MIUI13_A12)using my existing PitchBlack recovery?
Thanks
simply follow my guide…

Do I have to format (not wipe) Data in TWRP
You have to format (not wipe) data in TWRP
- if you install the xiaomi.eu rom for the first time
- if you change from weekly to stable (recommended)
- if you change from stable to weekly (recommended)
- you will loose your data -> make a backup

simply follow my guide…

Do I have to format (not wipe) Data in TWRP
You have to format (not wipe) data in TWRP
- if you install the xiaomi.eu rom for the first time
- if you change from weekly to stable (recommended)
- if you change from stable to weekly (recommended)
- you will loose your data -> make a backup
I'm sorry to bug you pls... your answer is straightforward but that still hasn't answered me. I am a user of Eu stable ROM, must I use TWP before I can flash this latest file, or can I do that with my current pitch-black recovery? If yes, do I need to format ? also, can I root this latest updates yet? (my backups are in Titanium)
Thanks and I am sorry for the many questions. This is my day-to-day phone, can't afford to do away with the phone for days

NB: I have been using eu ROM for years

Last edited:
Hi, I've got mi 10 that should be a non A/B devices. Can I just boot in TWRP without flash it and install rom?
Which one is safer? Boot or Flash

Worked like a charm after reading carefully through your explanations! First I downloaded the wrong twrp. After not having to type in my code I downloaded the right version: [BOOT]3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v5.6_A12-star-skkk_016c95cb.zip for my Mi 11 Pro.
Thx again for the great work!

@katerpanne
Thank you so much for your detailed how-to which in my case not only led to success but made me (above 60 and never had tried these "ROM-thingies" before) confident that I could get through. I bought my Mi 11 Ultra last year from a shop which sold it with Xiaomi.eu and OTA, which unfortunately ceased with MIUI 13. So my latest version had been 12.5.20. One challenge had been that entering PIN was not accepted by TWRP [twrp-3.6.2_12-v5.6_A12-star-skkk.img], finally following the advice in the how-to to use a different one, in my case the [twrp-3.6.2_11-0-star.img] directly from teamwin worked. From there on it was a walk in the park. Again thanks for providing this excellent how-to.

• Love
Thank you for your description and help previously! I'm still a bit confused sorry, I just want to ask if I have to wipe my data to go from the fastboot rom to twrp rom for the first time since the recent release? I am currently on the weekly mi 10.ultra. Thanks again

Edit:
I managed to solve this and install the update using this guide:

to install TWRP from here:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197203568

The problem is that TWRP hasn't been updated permanently as the guide said it will.
There was no such thing "Install Recovery Ramdisk" in the advanced settings.

So how can i install it permanently?

Original question:
I download from the update app the latest update for Mi 10, since it doesn't have bat files i tried to install it from TWRP.
i clicked on the check MD5 button from the update app and it resetted and went to the TWRP app, but before that it warned me that there is some encryption so i need to put my password in TWRP, but i couldn't find such place to do that.
when i click install, i don't see my storage file, something like system directories such as proc, metadata, config and many more, but it couldn't find the update zip file.

on the options time i have some kind of log and i see the following text:
TWRP Version : 3.4.2b-1206
Build Date : 2021 01 01
Build User : something in chinese
Build Device : Mi 10
Updating partition details...
...done
Failed to mount '/data' (Success)
Full SELinux support is present.
Unable to mount /data/media/0/TWRP/.twrp_wzsx150
Running Recovery Commands
Unable to locate zip file '/sfcard/xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_v13.0.7.0.SJBCNXM_5ece57ab71_v13-12.zip'.
Done processing script FailedMTP Enabled
Failed to mount '/data' (Success)

How can i update?

Last edited:
Thank you for your description and help previously! I'm still a bit confused sorry, I just want to ask if I have to wipe my data to go from the fastboot rom to twrp rom for the first time since the recent release? I am currently on the weekly mi 10.ultra. Thanks again
you dont have to wipe anything. I have described when it is recommended to format data partition.

Reactions: Loghorizon
I'm sorry to bug you pls... your answer is straightforward but that still hasn't answered me. I am a user of Eu stable ROM, must I use TWP before I can flash this latest file, or can I do that with my current pitch-black recovery? If yes, do I need to format ? also, can I root this latest updates yet? (my backups are in Titanium)
Thanks and I am sorry for the many questions. This is my day-to-day phone, can't afford to do away with the phone for days

NB: I have been using eu ROM for years
Somebody help me please

@katerpanne can you give me a hand with finding a TWRP for Redmi Note 9S (curtana) that's compatible with Android 12?
I'm currently on MIUI 13 Global and trying to upgrade to the xiaomi.eu ROM, to which I couldn't find a Fastboot.

Last edited:
TWRP sunny redmi note 10 is not appearing in:
Download xiaomi.eu recovery rom
- download recovery image for your phone to PC
are you searching for twrp or xiaomi.eu rom for your device?

xiaomi.eu rom

twrp… SUNNY = MOJITO

Hello,
I have a problem. I made a mistake in orangefox and switched to B slot. Now, reboot to recovery boots to fastboot and I can't flash orangefox again.
I don't know why I made this mistake but don't know how to resolve it...

Donwloading an older fastboot miui rom maybe... Can you help ?

Here's error's message when I try to boot to orangefox:

fastboot boot recovery.img
Sending 'boot.img' (196608 KB) OKAY [ 13.957s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Device Error')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Last edited:
Hello,
I have a problem. I made a mistake in orangefox and switched to B slot. Now, reboot to recovery boots to fastboot and I can't flash orangefox again.
I don't know why I made this mistake but don't know how to resolve it...

Donwloading an older fastboot miui rom maybe... Can you help ?

Here's error's message when I try to boot to orangefox:

fastboot boot recovery.img
Sending 'boot.img' (196608 KB) OKAY [ 13.957s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Device Error')
fastboot: error: Command failed
Code:
fastboot set_active a