[HowTo] Install Recovery image

No. There's a new version that you can flash as the recovery. But it doesn't decrypt. You have to boot it first and then flash it inside TWRP. That is, if your device is an A/B device. Mine is. The tutorial really helps a lot. Kudos to @katerpanne

Even I booted first to recovery and in the install option my downloaded ROM is not visible as its unable to decrypt. Luky you, do you have Mi 11 as well ? what versioni TWRP do you have ?

Even I booted first to recovery and in the install option my downloaded ROM is not visible as its unable to decrypt. Luky you, do you have Mi 11 as well ? what versioni TWRP do you have ?
did you try the solutions I have mentioned?
again and again… no details no help…

did you try the solutions I have mentioned?
again and again… no details no help…
I was confused about one point, some are saying that they have upgraded to recovery ROM, without format and some are saying we need to format. Can you please confirm one thing, can we upgrade MI 11 from 13.0.8 to 13.0.9 TWRP recovery without a clean format ? I am on 13.0.8 fastboot. If u confimr that we need to format, then im resting my case, as I cannot format my phone and the last thing I would like you to confirm is , can we expect another fastboot rom on MI 11 for future versions ? so except mi 11 why is every other phone getting fastboot and why Mi 11 as recovery ? May I know.

I was confused about one point, some are saying that they have upgraded to recovery ROM, without format and some are saying we need to format. Can you please confirm one thing, can we upgrade MI 11 from 13.0.8 to 13.0.9 TWRP recovery without a clean format ? I am on 13.0.8 fastboot. If u confimr that we need to format, then im resting my case, as I cannot format my phone and the last thing I would like you to confirm is , can we expect another fastboot rom on MI 11 for future versions ? so except mi 11 why is every other phone getting fastboot and why Mi 11 as recovery ? May I know.
i have mentioned all my knowlege in the post. if you are ignorant to answer the questions or did not do the worksrounds why do you expect that we will answer you?

and again and again… no details no help. i have mentioned what to do… katastrophe

Last edited:
I followed the thread and first booted to recovery. Then formated data then flashed the recovery as ram disk then flashed the ROM and it was all okay. I was able to see all my files because I didn't have a lock screen pin code.

Reactions: katerpanne
i have mentioned all my knowlege in the post. if you are ignorant to answer the questions or did not do the worksrounds why do you expect that we will answer you?

and again and again… no details no help. i have mentioned what to do… katastrophe

Hi bro, I want to change the TWRP to Skkk. I went into the link and I see so many versions, can I grab the latest folder and download the MI 11 - TWRP for Skkk or any advise on which version to choose ? Like you said to use skkk twrp. I am wondering whcih version will work for A12 - Mi 11 . Please update.

Thanks

Hi bro, I want to change the TWRP to Skkk. I went into the link and I see so many versions, can I grab the latest folder and download the MI 11 - TWRP for Skkk or any advise on which version to choose ? Like you said to use skkk twrp. I am wondering whcih version will work for A12 - Mi 11 . Please update.

Thanks
i have mi 11 ultra… as i have mentioned… try different versions, the actual twrp are a little bit buggy. try it and the workarounds

i dont know your device have you this one?

i dont know why i spend my time… coz of no details

Last edited:
Perhaps I dont understand correctly, I can update this howto but I dont know what will help you.

can you write a sentence what do you think what will help?
Sorry if you didn't understand me, well i faced this problem because i am on A11 and i have an a11 recovery from xiaomi.eu forum for Mi 11 right?
When i tried to boot up the recovery from skkk that has A12 support it just didn't boot, only the first screen then it went to boot up to system directly, i suggested to update to an a12 rom then installing the twrp
What do you think ?

Sorry if you didn't understand me, well i faced this problem because i am on A11 and i have an a11 recovery from xiaomi.eu forum for Mi 11 right?
When i tried to boot up the recovery from skkk that has A12 support it just didn't boot, only the first screen then it went to boot up to system directly, i suggested to update to an a12 rom then installing the twrp
What do you think ?
ah… does it mean you have updated from a11 with twrp for a11 to android a12 on your mi11 and then installed twrp for a12 ?

Hello,
i am using Xiaomi Mix 4 with EU soft13.0.6
I flash to TWRP with no problems, but when i try install the 13.0.8 from zip file i got an error "failed to install from zip file"
What i can do? already tried both newest versions of TWRP and still same.

//Edit:

Ok i fixed the problem. Downloaded the Eu version again + new TWRP: [BOOT]3.6.2_12-MIX4_v5.6_A12-odin-skkk_e429c93b.
With this worked with no problems.

Last edited:

Thanks
Thanks a lot for the EU ROM team, finally it worked.

i have mi 11 ultra… as i have mentioned… try different versions, the actual twrp are a little bit buggy. try it and the workarounds

i dont know your device have you this one?

i dont know why i spend my time… coz of no details
Thanks a lot for the EU ROM team, finally it worked. I was using the wrong TWRP the whole time. I have updated the TWRP and all went well. But only problem is unable to update the system apps, throwing error. Like it shows the apps, but I click on update, it crashes like --- wait or ok window and I click OK and nothing happens. Please find the picture attached. Any solution please

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-20-21-23-27-930_com.xiaomi.discover.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-20-21-23-27-930_com.xiaomi.discover.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 92
But only problem is unable to update the system apps, throwing error. Like it shows the apps, but I click on update, it crashes like --- wait or ok window and I click OK and nothing happens. Please find the picture attached. Any solution please
We don't have an app updater, so whatever this is - you installed it yourself.
You're not supposed to touch system apps on our ROMs (except Google ones).

Thanks a lot for the EU ROM team, finally it worked. I was using the wrong TWRP the whole time. I have updated the TWRP and all went well. But only problem is unable to update the system apps, throwing error. Like it shows the apps, but I click on update, it crashes like --- wait or ok window and I click OK and nothing happens. Please find the picture attached. Any solution please
This package installer is not provided with eu Roms

Reactions: rohan555
We don't have an app updater, so whatever this is - you installed it yourself.
You're not supposed to touch system apps on our ROMs (except Google ones).
OK thanks for the update. So no need to update any apps as such? I don't remember how I got it. Anyway I have uninsatlled it. Thanks again for the eu rom updates. I love eu roms. U guys are awesome doing great work to help the world.

as I have mentioned… tell us the details :) i am happy that all is working. in xiaomi.eu rom you cant update system apps coz there are a lot of dependencies.

as I have mentioned… tell us the details :) i am happy that all is working. in xiaomi.eu rom you cant update system apps coz there are a lot of dependencies.
Love u so guys. All good. I support eu rom. It's much easier than global rom and very good to use. No ads no nonsense

Hi mate, can you please advise why the wallpaper carousel is not working? Do we have any tweaks to make it work? R do we need to download wallpaper apk or something. Please let me know. It used to work for me in the earlier version. Thank you.

Hi mate, can you please advise why the wallpaper carousel is not working? Do we have any tweaks to make it work? R do we need to download wallpaper apk or something. Please let me know. It used to work for me in the earlier version. Thank you.
I think its better to put it in Questions topic. There are alot of challenges with the carousel or use the search function. I dont use the carousel