[HowTo] Install Recovery image

did you flash twrp before ?
IDK what I`m doing wrong or my phone is s**t ... Mi 10 Ultra. The treble Check says that my device is A only and does not support seamless update, I try to flash the New TWRP since I have the older version 3.4.2 and I can`t get to flash it ... the old version does not show the Rom in the root folder or anywhere else ... I`ve flashed many times ROMs in the past for many many phones and I can`t get what I'm doing wrong now ... :D Even I`ve flashed ROMs on this phone before the fast boot versions...

IDK what I`m doing wrong or my phone is s**t ... Mi 10 Ultra. The treble Check says that my device is A only and does not support seamless update, I try to flash the New TWRP since I have the older version 3.4.2 and I can`t get to flash it ... the old version does not show the Rom in the root folder or anywhere else ... I`ve flashed many times ROMs in the past for many many phones and I can`t get what I'm doing wrong now ... :D Even I`ve flashed ROMs on this phone before the fast boot versions...
please describe the error message while flashing twrp. you can try to boot twrp as well like on A/B devices. you cant use the old twrp.

Hi guys, little bit of help needed please. First time using twrp I've only updated using fastboot method previously.
I booted to twrp and tried to install the lastest mi11 pro rom 13.0.13 I get this error message so I'm messing up somehow, can anyone help ?

updater process ended with error: 1
error installing zip file "MI11pro........"
updating partition details............
failed to mount '/system_root' no such file or directory
failed to mount '/system_ext' no such file or directory
failed to mount '/product' no such file or directory

Apologies katerpanne youve already answered thanks

Reactions: katerpanne
Hi guys, little bit of help needed please. First time using twrp I've only updated using fastboot method previously.
I booted to twrp and tried to install the lastest mi11 pro rom 13.0.13 I get this error message so I'm messing up somehow, can anyone help ?

updater process ended with error: 1
error installing zip file "MI11pro........"
updating partition details............
failed to mount '/system_root' no such file or directory
failed to mount '/system_ext' no such file or directory
failed to mount '/product' no such file or directory

Apologies katerpanne youve already answered thanks
please no double posts… thx

Install xiaomi.eu on my xiaomi 11 ultra. I couldn't do it through twrp following the guide, it gave me errors, I could do it with the easy installation rom via fastboot. The problem is that now an update skips and I can't update, in twrp it gives me an error. I currently have rom 13.0.12 .eu
It indicates the error that twrp gives me, it is very similar to the one it gave me when I wanted to install rom .eu in global state. Sometimes there are more errors, others less... But it always gives error 1 and neither formatting everything, nor installing different versions, nor restarting recovery, nor installing it from twrp once boot via fastboot, nothing at all...

Attachments

• error twrp.jpg
    error twrp.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 184
Install xiaomi.eu on my xiaomi 11 ultra. I couldn't do it through twrp following the guide, it gave me errors, I could do it with the easy installation rom via fastboot. The problem is that now an update skips and I can't update, in twrp it gives me an error. I currently have rom 13.0.12 .eu
It indicates the error that twrp gives me, it is very similar to the one it gave me when I wanted to install rom .eu in global state. Sometimes there are more errors, others less... But it always gives error 1 and neither formatting everything, nor installing different versions, nor restarting recovery, nor installing it from twrp once boot via fastboot, nothing at all...
on first page of this thread is a workaround for this error. did you tried it?

on first page of this thread is a workaround for this error. did you tried it?
I tried all the possible things that I read and nothing, it keeps giving error 1 in twrp.. It's a pity, I want to find the solution or definitely xiaomi.eu ROM is not for me.. I would not like to have to go back to official ROM but if not can i update this rom then it will be a problem..

I tried all the possible things that I read and nothing, it keeps giving error 1 in twrp.. It's a pity, I want to find the solution or definitely xiaomi.eu ROM is not for me.. I would not like to have to go back to official ROM but if not can i update this rom then it will be a problem..
for other users the workaround is working. I assume that you start the right twrp version

TWRP update shows ERROR: 1 / can not mount system ...
- this error can occur if you try the update with updater app or if you started TWRP manually
- Solution:
-> while you are in TWRP reboot your device in recovery mode
-> try to install the rom again
-> if it will fail, reboot in recovery again
-> or use "fastboot boot twrp.img" again
-> sometimes you need more then one try
-> if it will not work choose another twrp version

Last edited:
for other users the workaround is working. I assume that you start the right twrp version

TWRP update shows ERROR: 1 / can not mount system ...
- this error can occur if you try the update with updater app or if you started TWRP manually
- Solution:
-> while you are in TWRP reboot your device in recovery mode
-> try to install the rom again
-> if it will fail, reboot in recovery again
-> or use "fastboot boot twrp.img" again
-> sometimes you need more then one try
-> if it will not work choose another twrp version
I tried everything and also check the twrp is the one they recommend to install... So I don't know what it could be

Enviado desde mi M2102K1G mediante Tapatalk

Is it possible to change the twrp after installing one? Mine gives me errors when I try to install the update. Apparently it cannot find certain files to install. Do you think changing the twrp would help?
My twrp version: 3.6.2_12-Mi12SUltra_v5.6_A12
My device: 12s Ultra

Last edited:
Is it possible to change the twrp after installing one? Mine gives me errors when I try to install the update. Apparently it cannot find certain files to install. Do you think changing the twrp would help?
My twrp version: 3.6.2_12-Mi12SUltra_v5.6_A12
My device: 12s Ultra
yes ist possible… you can install it within the old twrp or you can boot the new twrp

Followed the steps, successfully installed twrp via fastboot. However, when I flashed rom (EU rom 13.0.6) I got an error "updater process ended with error 1 error installing zip file" in recovery mode. Tried to reboot system and flashed again, still the same issue, tried to install other twrp but only twrp 3.7.0 version is working on my device redmi k30 non A/B device, please help. TIA

E3003: Can't install this package over newer build
First time encountering this error and when I searched it some people said that the issue is caused by twrp build being newer than the ROM build. Is this true?
How do I fix it when this is the only twrp available for android 12 on Redmi K30

Hi, I'm trying to flash xiaomi.eu from global 13.05 on my poco f3. Following your steps i'm a little confused if I need to format data after or before flashing the rom. Having in mind the poco f3 is a A/B phone. When I try to flash the rom without formating data the phone just goes back to the recovery after installing the room and rebooting. And if I do format data before flashing the rom, I'm no longer able to copy files to the phone when in recovery, even after rebooting to recovery. I'm using the skk recovery for poco f3 from your links. Keeping in mind that I have reinstalled stock miui with miui flasher everytime the installation failed since I couldn't boot after that.

Edit: I manage to get it working by formating data right after the rom installation and then rebooting to system

Thanks,

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
same problem to me , im using the following files -

rom - xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM_v13-12​

twrp - [BOOT]3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v6.3_A12-star-skkk​

So I need to check this: if I have a A/B device it will work with TWRP or OrangeFox? Otherwise I must use Fastboot?

No ... only the installation for TWRP / OF is different on A/B and none A/B devices.

Both can use TWRP / OF and a recovery rom

For none A/B devices you can directly flash TWRP/OF on the A/B devices you have to boot TWRP/OF first

Explanation:
Newer devices with A/B partition scheme don't have a recovery partition, instead it's included in the "boot" partition, but flashing directly to boot partition won't work as it comes with other stuff, like the kernel. "Install recovery ramdisk" unpacks the boot partition and replaces the stock recovery ramdisk that's bundled in it, then repacks the boot partition with the new ramdisk and flashes it.

I followed your steps, I was able to install the ROM but internal storage still can't be decrypted
Thanks anyways

I am using mi 11 lite 5g ne (lisa) after ı write fastboot boot twrp.img it says ok but twrp is not booting and device is turning off itself . How can I solve this?