HyperOs messages problem

lavitz

Members
Apr 2, 2021
Hi, today i have flashed my Xiaomi mi 12t pro from last Xiaomi eu to HyperOs on twrop with formato data. Allí working fine but i cant enable Xiaomi cloud, i cant receive sms's, the service failed when i try always, i have flashed two times and get the same. Any ideas? Thanks!

Same error, temp fix I used = removing google message and use the built in Xiaomi message, then receiving SMS with no problem

Reactions: lavitz
FYI, at some point during the HyperOS update on my 12S Ultra Google Messages lost Permissions->Other permissions->Receive SMS and MMS. I hadn't noticed it because I was receiving messages(RCS) from other android users using Google Messages but found out during Christmas that I wasn't getting messages from iPhone family members. Once I turned the permission back on, everything was fine. When an app isn't working right, permissions are the first place to look since Android in recent years has taken to randomly removing permissions. It's supposed to be only for apps you haven't used in a long time as a security precaution, but I've experienced it in apps I use daily. Most are pretty noticeable because when you launch the app it goes through the "you should enable these permissions" prompts.

FYI, at some point during the HyperOS update on my 12S Ultra Google Messages lost Permissions->Other permissions->Receive SMS and MMS. I hadn't noticed it because I was receiving messages(RCS) from other android users using Google Messages but found out during Christmas that I wasn't getting messages from iPhone family members. Once I turned the permission back on, everything was fine. When an app isn't working right, permissions are the first place to look since Android in recent years has taken to randomly removing permissions. It's supposed to be only for apps you haven't used in a long time as a security precaution, but I've experienced it in apps I use daily. Most are pretty noticeable because when you launch the app it goes through the "you should enable these permissions" prompts.
Thanks for the information. Indeed, I had the very same issue !
Thanks again !

Yes similar but even withe the setting unset in app info, it still removes some. I don't think this setting is fully implemented yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-31-18-30-12-397_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-31-18-30-12-397_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 221