I am new here, wanna flash Global Rom on to my Mi8 Extendet Edition, is there a manual for "dummys" ?

grizzly42

Members
Oct 30, 2018
Have tried it several times with fastboot, no sucess. Handy is unlocked. Also tried it with XiaoMitool or so, handy is not recognized from this tool (usb debugging on).
I am out of knowledge how to flash Global Rom on to this handy. In Miui forum some fellows told me to flash european rom.
Which one exactly would you fellows advice me to flash on my Mi8 EE I am from Austria (german language).
Also tip for a good manual how to flash step by step

Have tried it several times with fastboot, no sucess. Handy is unlocked. Also tried it with XiaoMitool or so, handy is not recognized from this tool (usb debugging on).
I am out of knowledge how to flash Global Rom on to this handy. In Miui forum some fellows told me to flash european rom.
Which one exactly would you fellows advice me to flash on my Mi8 EE I am from Austria (german language).
Also tip for a good manual how to flash step by step

you must first unlock your bootloader, then go to setup> devices> technical specifications> MIUI version> press seven times, until the message appears "now you have become a developer", bottom center (these steps should be done if you have not done so already), done all this (if the previous steps have already been done), go to setup> scroll down and find the "sentence" additional settings> developer option> enable option (if it is off)> scroll a bit below and find the word DEGUB USB> activate it> connect your phone with pc (on the pc must be installed adb and fastboot, if no it goes), you will appear a popu (maybe now or later) open cmd> type adb devices, to know if smartphone and pc have a communication, if you see the name of your device and under a code, then it means that it is connected , otherwise redo, if it does not appear> flash recovery> enter recovery mode via cmd> wipe> format data> yes> swipe from left to right> go back and press reset format> swipe from left to right> go back and press advacend wipe (or something like that)> select all USB-Ogt trane> swipe from left to right > return to the main screen> reboot> recovery> install> select rom (you must have previously downloaded and transferred to the device after having completely formatted the phone)> swipe from left to right> wait patiently and then press on wipe data> swipe from left to right> finally reboot> wait patiently the first start will take a bit, but not after. for this guide I finished, I hope I will help you

Reactions: grizzly42
honestly, thats to complicated for me:
where can I download adb and fastboot
what rom should I flash to my Mi8ExplorerEdition? there is one "Mi8" and one "Mi8pro" mine is "EE"
must the rom be unzipped?
how to enter recovery mode via "cmd", must be done that on the pc when phone connected?
are those commands in above posting via pc?
question after question :(

I did now with "cmd" adb devices and there is shown:
a number "plus" unauthorized
which is my handy (device)
how can I transfer the rom to the handy
in explorer only "Mi 8 Explorer Edition" is listed, when I double click on to, there are no files
Do I have to make the reboot/recovery/install procedure on the handy?

Ok, it's done.
Most time I spent with a wrong TWRP version, after I was able to install right TWRP (in my case of Mi8EE it is "ursa" wich I couldn't find here).
After trying 3 times flashing I had everytime bootloop with 10.0.0.4.... rom, with another rom (10.0.0.9....) it worked at first flash.
Now I am relieved ;-)

Reactions: Yurgh
Ok, it's done.
Most time I spent with a wrong TWRP version, after I was able to install right TWRP (in my case of Mi8EE it is "ursa" wich I couldn't find here).
After trying 3 times flashing I had everytime bootloop with 10.0.0.4.... rom, with another rom (10.0.0.9....) it worked at first flash.
Now I am relieved ;-)
The problem is solved?? if yes I'm happy, if not, do not forget that our users on this forum will help you as soon as possible, of course, if they have free time