I can't install the XIAOMI EU ROM

claudio0222

Members
Nov 9, 2018
I have some problems installing from China Stable ROM to Miui 11 ROM I use the latest version of twrp and iodine but after installing it and when I restart it in recovery it gets stuck in the fastboot screen Help !!! Thank you

I have some problems installing from China Stable ROM to Miui 11 ROM I use the latest version of twrp and iodine but after installing it and when I restart it in recovery it gets stuck in the fastboot screen Help !!! Thank you
Follow given instructions for installation at first page!!!!!

I know your issue. It could be solved doing this:
1 -> reboot on recovery
2 -> wipe >"Format Data" (yes, it have a button "format data" on right side over advanced wipe and you will need to write yes)
3 -> copy the last MIUI Eu zip to your internal storage over USB Cable
4 -> flash a MIUI EU zip and reboot
The big and common mistake is, some user do a "wipe data", but on the main thread, the intructions says: "Format your data", and some users do a "wipe data". On this case, to solve a encription problem, you will need to do a "format data"before install your MIUI EU. You will lost all your data, but, after this, you dont have this issue anymore.

1 -> reboot on recovery
2 -> wipe >"Format Data" (yes, it have a button "format data" on right side over advanced wipe and you will need to write yes)
The big and common mistake is, some user do a "wipe data", but on the main thread, the intructions says: "Format your data", and some users do a "wipe data". On this case, to solve a encription problem, you will need to do a "format data"before install your MIUI EU. You will lost all your data, but, after this, you dont have this issue anymore.
Hi have exactly the same issue, and I have tried it like you described @danilomazzaro but my Mi8SE still booting in fastboot mode...
@claudio0222 did it work for you ?
Thanks for your help guys!

al so i use xiaomitool v2 and the same :(
Same for me, even if the toolkit says everything went well... still rebooting in fastboot mode (and then I have to flash the official chinese fastboot rom to restart the phone).
We keep in contact if you or me find a solution.
Good luck!

Hi have exactly the same issue, and I have tried it like you described @danilomazzaro but my Mi8SE still booting in fastboot mode...
@claudio0222 did it work for you ?
Thanks for your help guys!
Did you unlocked your bootloader and set "Mi Unlock Status" and "Enable OEM unlock" in developer settings? In some devices, afeter you unlock your bootloader you need to boot and check this two options.

Same for me, even if the toolkit says everything went well... still rebooting in fastboot mode (and then I have to flash the official chinese fastboot rom to restart the phone).
We keep in contact if you or me find a solution.
Good luck!
Are you able to install TWRP?
Try 1227 version first.
If install is good, reboot in TWRP with VOL+/power.
Tell me result you get.
If you get back to fastboot you have to install an older fastboot rom (prior 28/12/2018 , I took 9.5.11) and install twrp 1102.
Then you flash 2019 first quarter EU stable rom and move to 1227 twrp version
I know this phone is delicate to update but once done the road is clear.

Last edited:
1 -> reboot on recovery

Thank you very Much!!!

I finally managed to install on my mi 8 pro

Reactions: danilomazzaro
Did you unlocked your bootloader and set "Mi Unlock Status" and "Enable OEM unlock" in developer settings? In some devices, afeter you unlock your bootloader you need to boot and check this two options.
Yes my device is unlocked... I don't understand what could be the issue, I did it for many phones including Mi Mix 2 but this MI 8 SE is tough !

Reactions: danilomazzaro
Hello,
I have followed your advice and I can get the 10.0.1.0 version to work, but after that no OTA available (updater keeps crashing) and no way to access TWRP again. How can I get the next step and install a more recent version?
Thanks for your help

Hello,
I have followed your advice and I can get the 10.0.1.0 version to work, but after that no OTA available (updater keeps crashing) and no way to access TWRP again. How can I get the next step and install a more recent version?
Thanks for your help

I had the same thing with updater crashing. But after you manage to successfully install v10 EU, you can flash a newer EU (make sure to use the correct TWRP version that works with v10). Here's the full sequence that worked for me:
  1. Flash this China ROM: sirius_images_V11.0.3.0.PEBCNXM_20190926.0000.00_9.0_cn_bc09b23ef4
  2. Flash TWRP 3.2.3-1227
  3. Boot into recovery, format /data
  4. Reboot into recovery
  5. Copy EU ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_V10.0.1.0.OEBCNFH_v10-8.1 to internal storage
  6. Install EU ROM
  7. Wipe Dalvik / cache
  8. Reboot into the system, configure everything
  9. Flash TWRP 3.2.3-1217
  10. Boot into recovery
  11. Copy the fresh EU ROM to internal storage
  12. Install the fresh EU ROM
  13. Reboot into the system
  14. (optional) flash a fresh TWRP

By the way, if everything works out in the end, but you end up with broken sensors, here's a good guide on how to fix it:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rking-find-my-device-corrupted-error.4008447/

I had the same thing with updater crashing. But after you manage to successfully install v10 EU, you can flash a newer EU (make sure to use the correct TWRP version that works with v10). Here's the full sequence that worked for me:
  1. Flash this China ROM: sirius_images_V11.0.3.0.PEBCNXM_20190926.0000.00_9.0_cn_bc09b23ef4
  2. Flash TWRP 3.2.3-1227
  4. Reboot into recovery
  5. Copy EU ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_V10.0.1.0.OEBCNFH_v10-8.1 to internal storage
  6. Install EU ROM
  7. Wipe Dalvik / cache
  9. Flash TWRP 3.2.3-1217
  10. Boot into recovery

By the way, if everything works out in the end, but you end up with broken sensors, here's a good guide on how to fix it:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rking-find-my-device-corrupted-error.4008447/
Looking at your good post I just want to point out this:
For POINT 9: Are you sure 1217 is the right TWRP to support latest Android version. No newer version?
No worry, just to be sure.

Looking at your good post I just want to point out this:
For POINT 9: Are you sure 1217 is the right TWRP to support latest Android version. No newer version?
No worry, just to be sure.

The TWRP at point 9 has to be compatible with the currently installed Android and MIUI, which is MIUI v10 / Android 8.1. Otherwise, recovery won't boot (at least, this is what I observed). The up-to-date TWRP can be installed at the end, at point 14.

The TWRP at point 9 has to be compatible with the currently installed Android and MIUI, which is MIUI v10 / Android 8.1. Otherwise, recovery won't boot (at least, this is what I observed). The up-to-date TWRP can be installed at the end, at point 14.
Right!
please modify your misleading instruction that lead to fastboot.
POINT 9
Correct TWRP for Android 10 is 3.5.2_9 release link below. :

Last edited:
  2. Flash TWRP 3.2.3-1227
  4. Reboot into recovery
  6. Install EU ROM
  7. Wipe Dalvik / cache
  9. Flash TWRP 3.2.3-1217
  10. Boot into recovery

Thank you so much! It worked with the TWRP 1217. I managed to get working recovery with this version and to install the latest MIUI after days of struggle.
Indeed your point 9 is correct, you need the TWRP-1217

Reactions: Krait and LOLO9393
Right!
please modify your misleading instruction that lead to fastboot.
POINT 9
Correct TWRP for Android 10 is 3.5.2_9 release link below. :

How about you read said instruction before sharing your valuable advice? You have to use TWRP compatible with the OS currently installed, not the one you're about to install. So at point 9, you need TWRP compatible with Android 8.1, which is 1217.

Jesus, for once you decide to try and help someone on a forum, and immediately some LOLO appears to discourage you from ever doing it again...

Reactions: LOLO9393
  2. Flash TWRP 3.2.3-1227
  4. Reboot into recovery
  6. Install EU ROM
  7. Wipe Dalvik / cache
  9. Flash TWRP 3.2.3-1217
  10. Boot into recovery

This solution ↑ still works today(2022/2/14) but I would like to describe in more detail for those who first flash mi 8 se EU rom
For POINT 1 Above:sirius_images_V11.0.3.0.PEBCNXM_20190926.0000.00_9.0_cn_bc09b23ef4 can be downoad here : https://mifirm.net/model/sirius.ttt#cn
For POINT 2 Above:TWRP 3.2.3-1227 can be download here: https://mifirm.net/model/sirius.ttt#twrp
For POINT 3 Above: type " fastboot boot twrp.img" through adb command (Change twrp.img to your own twrp filename ,here the TWRP version is 3.2.3-1227) . After booting twrp ,click “swipe” and just do format /data,Do not swipe to factory Reset or advanced wipe.
For POINT 8 Above:after configure everything,Double check that developer mode and USB debugging are turned on
For POINT 9 Above:TWRP 3.2.3-1217 can be download here: https://mifirm.net/model/sirius.ttt#twrp (notice POINT 9 and POINT2 are using different version of twrp )
For POINT 10 Above:after flash TWRP 3.2.3-1217,your phone should still be in fastboot this point. you need to type " fastboot boot twrp.img" through adb command (Change twrp.img to your own twrp filename, here the TWRP version is 3.2.3-1217) , and then you can boot into recovery.
For POINT 10-12 Above:never do those !!! :【 format /data or swipe to factory Reset or advanced wipe.】
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
❗ After reboot into the system. check your phone sensors first . That's because I found all my sensors not work after completing the above steps, including Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer...
The easiest way to check is to see if the Compass app on your phone is working . if not working. Then you are in the same situation as me
1 . You should goto the following website to download Chinese rom : https://www.miui.com/shuaji-393.html use "ctrl+F" in your browser search "小米手机8SE" click to download the rom (Please check if the ROM file suffix is '.tgz'. If it is '.gz', please rename it to '.tgz'). The reason is that there is no global version of rom for mi8 se, and we just need the "persist.img" file in the rom ,So the Chinese rom is okay too.
2 . Then decompress Chinese rom , you will see a "images" folder,copy the "persist.img" file in "images" folder . paste it into your phone internal storage
3 . Double check that developer mode and USB debugging are turned on.
4 . Flash TWRP 3.3.0-0423, you can download from https://mifirm.net/model/sirius.ttt#twrp
5 . type " fastboot boot twrp.img" through adb command (Change twrp.img to your own twrp filename,here the TWRP version is 3.3.0-0423) , and then you can boot into recovery.
6 . never do those !!! :【 format /data or swipe to factory Reset or advanced delete.】 ,just click install and Then click on the bottom right "install image" flash into the image , Find the location where you stored "persist.img" before, select "Persist" partition and swipe in, then reboot the system. You will find that all the sensors are restored

Enjoy! (整整花了我两天时间刷欧版的rom 累死)

Last edited:
hello guys, i have a mi 8 SE (sirius), n this is my current condition:
- ROM: xiaomi.eu V11.0.3.0 PEBCNXM (stable) android 9 (not 10)
- TWRP 3.3.0 - 0423

i want to update to EU V12.5.1.0. QEBCNXM which is android 10, n my questions are:
1. can i just update/install it through the current version of TWRP? or i have to follow the steps above to manage succed?
2. what version of magisk that is work for this ROM V12?

thanks for any answer..:)

hello guys, i have a mi 8 SE (sirius), n this is my current condition:
- ROM: xiaomi.eu V11.0.3.0 PEBCNXM (stable) android 9 (not 10)
- TWRP 3.3.0 - 0423

i want to update to EU V12.5.1.0. QEBCNXM which is android 10, n my questions are:
1. can i just update/install it through the current version of TWRP? or i have to follow the steps above to manage succed?
I personally think it is ok, maybe you can try it yourself
2. what version of magisk that is work for this ROM V12?
latest 24.1 is work(Before writing this message)(https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v24.1)

Last edited: