Installing Xiaomi.eu/TWRP on "branded" remdi note 9 pro

AsylumDemon151

Members
May 2, 2021
Hi I own a european redmi note 9 Joyeuse, with a branded firmware by vodafone that was never updated by them (I'm still on MIUI 11.0.1, released april 22 2020...)
V11.0.1.0.(QJZEUVF)
10 hours left to unlock the bootloader, here's my question can I safelly install twrp (so I can flash xiaomi.eu) with this firmware or do I need to "debrand" it(installing a V11.0.1.0.QJZEUXM firmware)?

sorry if this is a rhetorical question but you know what they say better be safe than sorry...

I would flash the latest official fastboot ROM before flashing our ROM, just to avoid any weird incompatibilities of certain partitions that are not included with updates, in case they somehow customized them as well.

Thanks for the quick answer! so kind
One last thing if you would latest european version is 12.0.4.0 but latest xiaomi.eu is 12.0.2.0 if I got everything right there's no anti roll-back protection on xiaomi.eu am I right?

I would flash the latest official fastboot ROM before flashing our ROM, just to avoid any weird incompatibilities of certain partitions that are not included with updates, in case they somehow customized them as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick answer! so kind
One last thing if you would latest european version is 12.0.4.0 but latest xiaomi.eu is 12.0.2.0 if I got everything right there's no anti roll-back protection on xiaomi.eu am I right?
Anti-rollback is not relevant for your device, or any other device released recently.
Also, the version difference is due to using the Global ROM as the base for our ROMs, we don't use the EEA ROMs.