Is This Normal? Battery Drain In 30min

nimre

Members
Jan 15, 2018
Hello,

I have a Xiaomi Mi4c 32/3Gb

Sometimes when browsing, and always when I watch videos online (from any website, just imagine watching an anime) (using chrome) I get an advice which says (maybe is different in english but my rom is in spanish) "your battery is draining too fast. 30% in the last XXminutes". This happened also while watching videos stored in my mobile device from the video app.

I have this "issue" since always. I recently installed the last rom (miui 9 weekly updates) where I see a improvement related to this, but yesterday I was watching an anime for 30min using Wifi and my mobile shutdown. I tried to recalibrate many times assuming that was the problem, but I have not notice any change.

debianus

Members
Nov 26, 2013
What about you battery stats for MiVideo app? Is it draining the battery? Have you try a different video app?

nimre

Members
Jan 15, 2018
I only tested the stock one.

The mobile start to heat when this happen, I do not know if that mean something or it is normal.

debianus

Members
Nov 26, 2013
Chrome or Browser built in app or both? Do you wipe cache and dalvik installing the new ROM?
Mi4c never was good for battery live, but 30% in minutes is strange. Battery stats tell you what app or hardware is draining the battery.

Feelings1982

Members
Dec 28, 2016
The best rom 8.11.1 second edition is the best rom i have ever met. The best battery life. And smoothest one

Отправлено с моего Redmi Pro через Tapatalk

Robert_K

Members
Jan 17, 2018
The best rom 8.11.1 second edition is the best rom i have ever met. The best battery life. And smoothest one

Отправлено с моего Redmi Pro через Tapatalk
I have the same problem with battery drain.

Wysłane z mojego Mi-4c przy użyciu Tapatalka

nimre

Members
Jan 15, 2018
I still having the same issue with my battery. I've tried:

-Full discharge (even when the phone turned off, I turned on again and again and again)
-Then opened TWRP and the battery icon was at 0%. I turned the screen to not turnoff and set the brightness to maximum. The phone was at 0% for like 30-40mins and then shutdown. I was unable to turn on it again
-Full charge it again, using a slow charger and leave it poweroff. The battery indicator jumped from 0% to 1-2-3-4-5-6-10% in like 5-10 seconds, so I think something is wrong.
-I let the phone to full charge and turned on. Nothing changed.

Yesterday I updated to Miui10 with the hope this was something related to the ROM (which I think is not, because I've updated too many times) and the issue persist.

Here are 2 screenshots from yesterday.

Screenshot_2018-08-13-22-14-52-647_com.miui.securitycenter.png
Screenshot_2018-08-13-22-15-11-712_com.miui.securitycenter.png