Issue With Dual Apps

Step666

Members
Dec 27, 2016
So I have a Mi Mix 6/256GB, I flashed TWRP and xiaomi.eu ROM 6.12.8beta.

Part of the attraction of the Mix was the dual-SIM and the dual apps feature of MIUI 8, so I could use the handset with both my work and personal numbers and have separate WhatsApp accounts for both. But I seem to be having a bit of a problem with WhatsApp, namely that it doesn't seem to be saving media properly.

The issue is, when I receive an image, it's blurred out and when I tap on it, I get a pop-up message saying 'Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your internal storage'.

The issue seems to affect both accounts, the standard one and the cloned one, but intermittently/without any sort of pattern - the only thing that seems to be discernable is that only one account is able to handle images at a time.
So, one day my personal account might be fine and the next my work one. Sometimes it even switches during the day, at random.

I'm fairly certain the issue is MIUI-related as I've previously used AppCloner on a different handset to allow me to run 2 copies of WhatsApp and it didn't have this issue (it had other issues though, before anyone suggests it as a solution). Beyond that though, I'm stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same issue and I realised that it happens to the image files which have a long name, images with short name does not have this problem. For example a friend send me a couple of photos at the same minute. The image named as "IMG-20170629-WA0005.jpg" can be viewed without a problem but the image named as "IMG-20170629-WA0004_1498767058299.jpg" cannot be viewed. I think the name is taken from the sender and I dont know why they are named in different manner but I have checked lots of conversations in my both account both for viewable photos and unviewable photos and it was the same for all of them. Anybody has an opinion?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-07-19-18-30-223_com.miui.gallery.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-07-19-18-30-223_com.miui.gallery.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 406
  • Screenshot_2017-07-07-19-18-45-614_com.miui.gallery.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-07-19-18-45-614_com.miui.gallery.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 461
So I have a Mi Mix 6/256GB, I flashed TWRP and xiaomi.eu ROM 6.12.8beta.
Sorry, is this the "Mi Mix" or the "Mi 6"? I suppose the former since there is no Mi 6 256GB version?

I have the same issue and I realised that it happens to the image files which have a long name, images with short name does not have this problem. For example a friend send me a couple of photos at the same minute. The image named as "IMG-20170629-WA0005.jpg" can be viewed without a problem but the image named as "IMG-20170629-WA0004_1498767058299.jpg" cannot be viewed. I think the name is taken from the sender and I dont know why they are named in different manner but I have checked lots of conversations in my both account both for viewable photos and unviewable photos and it was the same for all of them. Anybody has an opinion?

Interesting suggestion of root cause. I have the same issue, but have not checked the file names and lengths to determine any pattern as yet - will start paying attention and check back here.

Reactions: Gunay Gurer
Sorry, is this the "Mi Mix" or the "Mi 6"? I suppose the former since there is no Mi 6 256GB version?

Interesting suggestion of root cause. I have the same issue, but have not checked the file names and lengths to determine any pattern as yet - will start paying attention and check back here.

So did you checked if it is long name problem for you, as well?

It looks like this problem is solved with Miui 8.5
Nope... Still showing the same exact problem as you described (i.e. image filename suffixed with underscore + some string of numbers which is presumed to be Whatsapp user ID) on my Mi 6 running EU 9.0.5.0 NCACNEI...