Issues with updating

Schwarzzu

Members
Oct 6, 2016
Ever since a few versions ago (weekly) whenever I update I get heavy lag and swipes can take up to 20 seconds to register, takes 5-10 minutes to even enter screen lock password Dalvik/cache wipes don't seem to do anything and every boot takes like 4-5 minutes instead of the usual 30 seconds or so.. when I nandroid back to weekly 10.3 9.3.7 everything is fine. The only thing I haven't tried yet is reformating the thing, but I'd like to avoid it if possible, as otherwise the phone is working fine.

Do you have Magisk installed. I usually have the same problem that you discribed, rebooting to TWRP and clearing the cache solves the problem. It's night and day. Some times I need to repeat this processes twice.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Schwarzzu
Thank you! I am indeed using magisk and usually this step wasn't needed, but now it made all the difference. Works perfectly now.

Edit: Only works as long as you don't wipe cache/dalvik, then you have to go through this again.. restore clean boot, boot rootless, flash magisk again.. I wonder what's causing it, didn't have it on older versions.

Last edited: