Just bought, and the battery is already dead??

Hi Trinity,

I got battery shipped to me already. Let's see tonight. Hopefully I got bless.

Hi Trinity,

After I have full charge of new Battery, Now I been using it for an hour. It is working fine now.. Let's see another 24 hours.

Hope you got your battery soon, Pal.

Hi Trinity,

After I have full charge of new Battery, Now I been using it for an hour. It is working fine now.. Let's see another 24 hours.

Hope you got your battery soon, Pal.
happy for you. My battery is still somewhere in Italy, according the tracking system, and I'm afraid I won't get it before a week, since I have planned a trip far from my hometown, starting from next Saturday. Unless they give it to me tomorrow I'll have to wait a bit... (sht)

ive got a m2s too and experienced the blinking problem twice, İ was like cr^p! The problem occured when the battery was empty i.e. 0% and turned itself off. İ have a external charging dock and i managed too charge it and it is working. İ will check iff it occurs always. My advice try too get your hand on a external charging dock

Reactions: trinity1
Happend to me once: take the battery out of the phone and plug in the charger. The phone should boot, so put the battery in again and load the battery. Never tested the battery, for me it looks more like a bios problem...

ive got a m2s too and experienced the blinking problem twice, İ was like cr^p! The problem occured when the battery was empty i.e. 0% and turned itself off. İ have a external charging dock and i managed too charge it and it is working. İ will check iff it occurs always. My advice try too get your hand on a external charging dock

as I said, I'm waiting for a new (and hopefully working) battery from the seller. If I get a phone working, I'll think about buying an external charging dock.

Thanks

Happend to me once: take the battery out of the phone and plug in the charger. The phone should boot, so put the battery in again and load the battery. Never tested the battery, for me it looks more like a bios problem...

Even if I'm pretty sure it's a battery issue, I tried to do as suggested.
As soon as I plugged the charger to the phone (with the battery off, of course), I saw: the mi logo, the battery saying 1%, the led blinking red and slowly. When put the battery in nothing happened/changed, probably because the phone didn't boot.
Question: if you plug the phone to the charger WITHOUT the battery does your mi2s boot normally? do you think that if I push the original rom with miflash into the phone I will at least have the mi2s able to boot?

I have experience on lithium batteries from my main hobby, radio controlled airplanes and helicopters.
On this hobby the majority of the batteries used are lithium - polymer (lipo), and sometimes we face such problems.

When a lipo battery is out of the factory its voltage rate is around 3,80~3,85V and about 60% in capacity
a fully charged (100%) lipo is 4,20V and the critical point to make the battery useless is under 3,00V
So 3.47V is not normal for a brand new battery, but it can be saved.

This lipo battery should be charged at no more than 2Amps, I'm not going to explain it further just accept it as it is :p
Check the charger and I'm sure it has a lower Amp rate!

If you have access to a digital multicharger I suggest the following steps:
1. first of all locate the + and - pins!!
2. set the charger to the lithium - polymer (lipo) program and start charge on very low Amps (around 0,40A will be fine)
3. check periodically the charge state of the battery
4. When the battery reaches around 3,85V when in calm state*, unplug it, insert it in the phone and continue charging as normal

* When charging a lipo battery you will see the Amp rating of the charger is going up and down, like a wave, it's not constant
when Amps go in (i.e. charge rate 0,4A) you will see higher voltage on the battery, when in calm state (i.e. charge rate 0,0A) you will see lower voltage

It will take some time (maybe over an hour) to 'wake up' the battery

If these not work for you, try to 'wake up' the battery with the same procedure but using the NiMH (yes NiMH!!) program on your charger, setting the Amp rate @ 0,2A

------> All these are from my (and my fellows RC pilots) experience! They have saved couple of batteries and never had any problem (leaks, explosions etc.), BUT if you decide to do it, you take all the risks and Ι have no responsibility of your actions!! <------

mi2 doesn't have a lipo battery. it's li-ion

happened to me before. new set from xiaomi. charged it overnite but nothing happened, battery stay at 1%. i don't remember what i did but i charged it again using nexus 7 wall charger and i manage to boot into homescreen.then i calibrated the battery until now it seem work perfectly.

Ok, got the new battery from the seller. THAT was the problem: the newer allowed the mi2s to boot. Now I'm enjoying MIUI 3.8.23...

Close the issue. .The summarize is "BATTERY PROBLEM".....out of the BOX.. :)

Hope our pals is good luck always.