{Kitkat CM11} Mokee ROM For Xiaomi Redmi 1S (Android 4.4.4 Stable Build)

Bird

Members
Sep 1, 2014
This ROM is excellent...it's Super fast and smooth and it's Kit Kat!
This is what MIUI should have been!

Tested sms, calls, camera (can save to external card), wifi, surfing with CM browser.
Ran a total of around 15 apps - no problem! Can mulititask between them.
No browser hang up or keyboard disappear or apps FC. Camera burst mode didn't FC either.
RAM on startup about 60% Free that's 500MB over.
I did disable some apps that I did not use using the built in settings and also App Quarantine.

So far so good...

Check out the link:
http://thebroodle.com/xiaomi/redmi-1s/mokee-cm-11-kitkat-rom-for-xiaomi-redmi-1s/

Reactions: the_maker
Dual SIM is managed, but my SIM 2 is GSM only, so I can't say if this ROM is full dual 3G.

Envoyé de mon HM 1SW en utilisant Tapatalk

I'm using this ROM for a few days and I must say that I'm really impressed by it. No more bugs from MIUI. I'm finally satisfied with my REDMI 1S ans I can think about buying one for my wife... Thanks to the mokee Team !

I'm using this ROM for a few days and I must say that I'm really impressed by it. No more bugs from MIUI. I'm finally satisfied with my REDMI 1S ans I can think about buying one for my wife... Thanks to the mokee Team !
How is battery life compared to MIUI?

Very good ! I've always been using an app to reduce battery comsuption when the phone is inactive, so thé différence is not significant, maybe a little better with CM11

I got my ney Redmi 1S yesterday and after 3 hours it has Mokee installed already. Very satisfied as I was on the Mi2s, the Rom is still Unofficial (should be Official in the next few days looking at the impressive downloads figure) but it is quite perfect, fluent, very speed, no Fc, no evident bugs. There is only a little thing that should be fixed soon I mean the button "2g/3g" which is not working, you have to change that in Settings. Not a bother anyway.

What about 2g,

I am using Vodafone India. Do someone have tested 2g settings on the phone. Mine was broken last time I run Cyanogenmod in my redmi 1s.

2g and 3g are working well. Only problem is the toggle in status bar that is not working yet. For switching between them you have to go in Settings.

A bith weird question but did somebody happen to test the bluetooth? I have a rm1s laying around from a friend wich has some issues with the default bluetooth (strange noise and sorts)...

Have installed the latest version. Everything was OK. But after installing the google apps package the google keyboard app crashed. Every time FC. :eek:
With that bug no chance to use the rom.:(

Have installed the latest version. Everything was OK. But after installing the google apps package the google keyboard app crashed. Every time FC. :eek:
With that bug no chance to use the rom.:(
Clearly something gone wrong with the installation. You should try to wipe cache, dalvik and format system and then flash Mokee and gapps. I advise you to install Gapps by the recovery cos sometime Mokee installer doesn't work very well.
Have you get the chance to try Swiftkey? It is far better than Google keyboard.

Inviato dal mio HM 1SW utilizzando Tapatalk

Since few nightlies I am not able to activate mobile data. Any other case ?

Envoyé de mon HM 1SW en utilisant Tapatalk

Clearly something gone wrong with the installation. You should try to wipe cache, dalvik and format system and then flash Mokee and gapps. I advise you to install Gapps by the recovery cos sometime Mokee installer doesn't work very well.
Have you get the chance to try Swiftkey? It is far better than Google keyboard.
Did all this (wiped everything)installed Mokee-Rom, rebooted then installed Gapps ( wiped cache, dalvik).
Second time I installed Rom and Gapps together (with all possible wipes).
All the time the same result: google keyboard app crashed. Every time FC.
Now I've installed CM11 from HTC-Mania. Everyting is working fine! I'm happy with that Rom.:)

Have you tried enabling it in settings/mobile networks? 3g is working?

Nope, I only have GSM sim. IN MIUI it's work without settings. When I call USSD and download settings I see "We will check your phone and message you settings " but didn't found anything happen to my phone later.

I tried to put APN settings but it's doesn't get my phone started to USE 2g. I tried to on and set everything. ON it from Notification and tried from settings > mobile networks.

Found nothing to get it worked :(

@ Anirudha
I'm sorry but I don't know how to help you. I flashed one hundred roms with 4 different phones and nothing like that ever happened to me.

helle everybody !!!
first thanks for this post i just installed it now and its seels perfect !!
i just have one question : is there any port of the miui apps like micloud mi music and others?
if there is i feel like this rom would be oustandingt !!!
thanks for the answer

walidbmf> No, there are better apps than MiCloud. Try Dropbox.

I'm using Wuala since a while and I'm pretty happy. Wuala is more secure than Dropbox cos the encryption of your data is made inside your computer or smartphone.

Did all this (wiped everything)installed Mokee-Rom, rebooted then installed Gapps ( wiped cache, dalvik).
Second time I installed Rom and Gapps together (with all possible wipes).
All the time the same result: google keyboard app crashed. Every time FC.
Now I've installed CM11 from HTC-Mania. Everyting is working fine! I'm happy with that Rom.:)
For mokee roms, you have to flash the gapps from mokee extras at settings, you can flash the zip on your own using cwm without wiping data, cache nor dalvik and it would have been working just fine.