[ROM]Xiaomi Hongmi(Red Rice) - REDMI Unique (MIUI5,Stable 16, 3G on both cards)

Updated to stable 17 before flashing ur rom. Now have problems due to stable 17 kernel. Tried full wipe n flashing stable 16 then reinstall rom. Still same problem. Kernel not wiped. Any solutions?

Yes. Out as of yesterday for redmi hm 1w. Kernel is different from stable 16. Thus having issues when i flash the redmi unique rom. Wsm tool n xposed not functional due to the kernel. Latest stable version is JHBMIBF17.0.

Last edited:
Awesome feature -- 3G on both cards.

Have you ever thought about making it an Xposed module (just the ability to switch 3G between the cards) or a single flashable zip for stock ROM? I'm very interested in that feature but can't to move from my current phone and its data.

Thank you!

Stable 17 has same Kernel version number as Stable 16, 3.4.5
@zoul You muss enable Root and reinstal WSM + Mi Tools. Tested and works
@popophobia Currently is no CN DEV ROM that support 3g on both cards based on 16.5 or 17
Patch 3.1.6 for my older ROM 3.1.x with kernel from Stable 17 is under testing from miui.cz Seems nice, 510 - 530 MB free RAM . Is possible reach 620 MB free RAM, but need flash android script and settings on terminal emulator Antutu on 3.1.6 cca 16800 with more free RAM. Fixed memory managment - permission on Init.D script + new kernel

Whole ROM https://mega.co.nz/#!vQ1yVbDQ!qscotNf6Fdtu_kXa-NIlCqJgKCzQtIr-vENKce4EJxY and then flash patch 3.1.6 https://mega.co.nz/#!08kzTYAT!_ejwpaVR-H2ebhS0K0An3W_7Ys9YWQz7w4QtcEamwQE
Testing on my home forum http://www.miui.cz/viewtopic.php?p=81406&sid=a7e6e690d5f46d57ad2078cb55849996#p81406

Stable 17 hat many bugs http://en.miui.com/thread-13490-45-1.html

Is stupid idea make WSM module or .zip file thats enable 3G on both cards on Stock ROMs.
Why i make .zip file with 3g on both cards for Stock ROM? Is a unique features. Translating, cooking and bug fixing 2 weaks for me and my friends. Is a stupid idea. You can post REQ on en.miui.com but i think you got no answear or sollution.
I dont known exatct procedure. i known you need modified Settings.apk, framework-miui-res.apk, phone.apk for workings. Ask sta-s2z

You have more choices:
1. use my ROM
2. use outdated Ultimate ROM from sta-s2z
3. use CN ports with CN apps inside and no translation
4. another ROM LEWA?

Last edited:
Roms from CN Devs are translated to EN and CN, somethimes other langagues. But ROMS contains many CN apps. Somethimes stock settings is not full translated to EN. Any custom ROMSs hat recovery install script deleted. Your TWRP, CWM or other custom recovery will be untouched. But using CN ROMs need more time to cleaning for CN apps, time to translating untraslated options , replace fonts and adding google apps. For me fixing these bugs and adding all langagues 4 - 5 hours. Other time for translating missing translation ... When you tried make for daily use without major bugs 4 - 5 days.
On newer ROMs J Bart dont translate all, you need manuly translate 5- 6 apks.

Flashed the 4.20 repack zip, done what was asked , full wipe
But still Ota says that there is a new rom but it never start download it.
Also sometimes the Browser (Chrome) pop out to the phone screen, and it seems to be that touchscreen not respond as quick as earlier.
In total i must say that i have the feeling that this rom is less then your ealier romś

Last edited:
I try to follow this treath, but now i completly lost
4,11 4,12 ,4,13 4,14 4,20 ant then stable 15 or 17 ,
Is it so hard to made an readable treath with the newest rom
Sonic what is now the latest stable rom from your hands

There are two different versions, the 3.1.x and the 3.2.x
I was using the 3.2.x for some days, and it was buggy as hell.
And now I'm using 3.1.6 which is really awesome^^ It is way better than the 3.2.x
Some minor things aren't working, but that doesn't really bother me.
So you should use the 3.1.6. I think Sonic mentioned somewhere (not sure if here or in another forum) that the 3.2.x is to buggy to develop and that he will focus on 3.1.x

And now I'm using 3.1.6 which is really awesome^^ It is way better than the 3.2.x
So you should use the 3.1.6. I think Sonic mentioned somewhere (not sure if here or in another forum) that the 3.2.x is to buggy to develop and that he will focus on 3.1.x

Still strange that i download 4,20 by this forum.
wrote it earlier all rom and files in the first mail makes it unreadable
Better only mention a complete new rom and other small upate by Ota

Just installed the 3.12 and the 3.16 but now another problem when calling the mobile the signal is lost and therefore i got on the other phone a bissy signal after hanging up signal returns on the mobile

Yeah.. I noticed that aswell :/
But Sonic allready said, that he's working on a repack, but I don't know how long it will take...
So either stay with 3.1.6 and wait or downgrade to another 3.1.x Version (I guess calling works in them)

Flashed the 4.20 repack zip, done what was asked , full wipe
But still Ota says that there is a new rom but it never start download it.
Also sometimes the Browser (Chrome) pop out to the phone screen, and it seems to be that touchscreen not respond as quick as earlier.
In total i must say that i have the feeling that this rom is less then your ealier romś

Hi,
hi have the same problem with 3.20 repack, the OTA signals a new rom but can not begin to download it.
Moreover, the system slows down a few times.

I think I will return to the previous version.

Yesterday once more downloaded the 3.20 repack
and start the flash procedure described in post one.
But after installing it, after 1 minute is went back to my backup , because i got error of function that where stopped and i f i want to send an report to Miui.
Second in the rom of Sonic still to many items that couldt be left out of the Rom
Weather still to less places to work in Europe
Authenciator
And perhaps just a few more .
A stable rom is needed but also a clean one Miui market why. Mickey whye

I tried to install from mobile uncle and failed, what recovery mode is this intended for?
The 3G would work on sim 2 but with the same frec of the sim 1 am i right? I may use 850/2100MHz for 3G and for what i know this are the same frec used on sim 1 but using TD well i hope u can help me get through installation process

You can install ROMs but you need after flasch ROM install SG patch from Ultimate ROM. But you can wait new version of ROM is in DEV. Latest 4.9.20 mixed with Stable 25 from WCDMA version with 3G on botch cards and full Dual SIM controll (settings for SMS and voice call for each SIM cards) Progress cca 40%

Please, including PT-PT 100% translate, in this new mix.
Many thanks

Enviado do meu Xiaomi HongMI Phone, atraves do TapaTalk