Lavender: Some apps force-close/refuse to load, reboot fixes it for a while. It returns

marcosvp

Members
Jun 8, 2019
Hello everyone,

First of all, huge thanks to the developers for their hard work. Have been using this ROM on my Xiaomi devices for years. Sadly, I've developed a problem with my Redmi Note 7 Lavender. It is running the latest weekly build (9.6.5). This same behavior was seen on the previous two weekly builds, however.

Some apps (specifically: Line, Tweetcaster, and sometimes Smart Launcher) will force close or refuse to load. A reboot fixes the issue for up to a couple of days, and then the issue returns. I've tried cleaning Dalvik/Cache, but it does not solve the issue.

It is important to note that this phone had been wiped with a bad flash of the Stock ROM that left the /system partition empty. I was then able to re-load the TWRP recovery, and flash Xiaomi.eu from there. I don't know if this could have cause the issue, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

What can I do to prevent this from happening? Is there a way to do it without wiping everything? And if not, will a fresh flash solve it? I'm afraid of doing a factory ROM flash due to the issues I had last time, where it didn't complete the process and left the phone without a system. But I'm willing to try something with a fresh Xiaomi.eu flash.

Thank you in advance for your help.