Lineage Os 13 Beta 2 For Redmi Pro

I think that I will try to search more ROMs that can be ported for this pone to see if there is any pone which is more similar to the Redmi Pro tan the Vernee Apollo Lite or the Redmi Note 4. (Maybe Meizu Pro 6). About CM14.1: I have tried it but it is using a new distribution of the files inside the .zip of the ROM and I will need some things to be able to decompress the .dat files that it includes. The first thing that came to my mind was trying to install the ROM without modifying it, just chaging the installer script so that it could recognise the phone as a Redmi Note 4 in order to install it successfully but it was taking too long (20min) and I stopped it.

I will try to do the same with a flyme ROM that also uses this new file distribution. We'll see ^^

Im dowloading alpha 4 for a try right now and see how it runs......
Have you tried to install viper4android it might fix the sound problem MAYBE I dont know
I will try to fix some things if I can..

Im dowloading alpha 4 for a try right now and see how it runs......
Have you tried to install viper4android it might fix the sound problem MAYBE I dont know
I will try to fix some things if I can..
That's great!! And I have not tried viper4android, however I think it is more a lib problem so it may not help but we do not lose anything trying!

Yes, there is a CM14.1 working (with some bugs) in Redmi Note 4 so I may give it a try. Maybe I can get some knowledge by porting it as I did with the AOSP ROM and the home button.
However I will still be focused in CM13 because it has the same Android version of the official MIUI so all libs are compatible in terms of Android version.
So let's say that I will try to get CM14.1 working just to see if I can find any point that I could use also in CM13 to solve any of the bugs we have and also to taste nougat on our Redmi Pro
Redmi Note 4 with Miui 8 - M version, as well.
Can you steal somethings from that work? :)

That's great!! And I have not tried viper4android, however I think it is more a lib problem so it may not help but we do not lose anything trying!
seems like v4a doesnt fix anything .......
the rom boots very fast and thats fantastic ....that benchmark isnt as good as it need to be but it will be better I guess.....Im drasticly waiting to see some bug fixes sooon

seems like v4a doesnt fix anything .......
the rom boots very fast and thats fantastic ....that benchmark isnt as good as it need to be but it will be better I guess.....Im drasticly waiting to see some bug fixes sooon
Anyway, thanks for trying. The bug may be in the most stupid thing so we should try everything

I saw that there is a device tree for Redmi Note 4 and I am trying to adapt it to make it work with our Redmi Pro. If I get this working we could compile ROMs from source and maybe fix some bugs. However when compiling my PC ran out of memory ^^ But I will receive a bigger RAM soon :D

Enviado desde mi Redmi Pro mediante Tapatalk

The fix for AOSP did not work in CM :S. I will upload the AOSP ROM and I will publish it in this forum

Enviado desde mi Redmi Pro mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: stevedat
I'm still waiting for a 7.1.1 ROM . I think it will be a big change...and post it on XDA soon please .

I dont know is this right theme for this question, but I am wondering is there any chance to port camera app from lets say meizu phones because of similar hardware? I am interested is there any way to enable 4K video recording on Redmi Pro because Helio X25 and Sony IMX258 are capable of doing 4K without a problem. I can see that Xiaomi Mi4C have same sensor but Qualcom SoC and can record in 4K. Meizu MX 6 and Meizu 6 pro both have Helio X20/25.

Beside this, thank you for you work on this alternative ROM for our Redmi Pro.

I dont know is this right theme for this question, but I am wondering is there any chance to port camera app from lets say meizu phones because of similar hardware? I am interested is there any way to enable 4K video recording on Redmi Pro because Helio X25 and Sony IMX258 are capable of doing 4K without a problem. I can see that Xiaomi Mi4C have same sensor but Qualcom SoC and can record in 4K. Meizu MX 6 and Meizu 6 pro both have Helio X20/25.

Beside this, thank you for you work on this alternative ROM for our Redmi Pro.
It may be posible but I think that I still do not have enough knowledge to do that. I tried porting flyme but even if the phones look really similar, the roms are extremelly different so the camera app may need a lot of patches.

For now on I will keep working on ROMs and I find myself ready to do that I may give it a try :)

Are you going to release your roms to XDA ???....if you're not give me the permission to do it