Looking For General Info

Apr 23, 2016
Hi,
I'm completely new to Xiaomi and MiUi. I already got plenty of information from en.miui.com.
Now I'm considering to use the xiaomi.eu ROM for my Mi5. However, I'm uncertain about a few things and weren't able to find the answers.

• Is there any sticky thread or info about some general infos about xiaomi.eu ROMs like:
    • On which official ROM version are xiaomi.eu ROMs based on? Global or China?
    • What are the differences / additions between the official ROMs and the ROMs from this community?
Cheers,
newpipe

Apr 23, 2016
Thanks for this pointer. But it does not describe the xiaomi eu ROM. Only the official one.

Why do you think it's beta state?
Besides that, I think there are way more differences between the official ROM and the one from this community.
So far I found out:
  • Additional languages.
  • The version based on MIUI dev is rooted, the version based on MIUI stable is not rooted.
But what else?

Nov 8, 2015
Because I am member of global beta tester team, before I use xiaomi.eu rom.Rooting is your choice and not by default and depending which device you have and unlock bootloader.

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk

Apr 23, 2016
Because I am member of global beta tester team, before I use xiaomi.eu rom.Rooting is your choice and not by default and depending which device you have and unlock bootloader.

So which one do you recommenand? They both support my language. And at the moment my device is bootlocked

Apr 23, 2016
Clear for me, that I have to unlock the boot loader in order to flash the xiamo.eu ROM.
A usable global ROM for my Mi5 is not yet available. The china version is no option for me, as there are too many parts with strange characters ;-)

So still wondering about the differnces / additions beside the languages an root of the xiaomi.eu ROM compared to the official one...

Nov 8, 2015
Root is not necessary if you don't have ext.SD card

For me is eu- rom still No.1

Last edited: