Loose USB port

ubelai

Members
Feb 5, 2013
I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced a loose cable connection to their phone?

Any cable inserted into mine will just fall straight out if I give the phone a slight shake or any movement for that matter whilst the cable is plugged in.
Tend to wake up in the mornings with my phone half charged and the cable laying on the floor. :(

Anything I can do to make the cable sit better for that matter?

I've had that it would disconnect when I would even move the phone for 1 cm, I had to lay it down perfectly or it would not connect to my pc. The cable did not slip out however, it just disconnected for some weird reason. This issue has passed over time, no idea why.

I've had that it would disconnect when I would even move the phone for 1 cm, I had to lay it down perfectly or it would not connect to my pc. The cable did not slip out however, it just disconnected for some weird reason. This issue has passed over time, no idea why.

I feel you! When I plug it into my PC I have to run the cable underneath the phone otherwise it won't connect to USB mode but charging mode only. Needless to say my port is definitely damaged to some extent. :(

I think the upper corners of the insert have been bent out so that the port is completely a rectangular prism as opposed to having the angled top.

Make sure there's no fluff or something similar in your port hole!

This could probably make a cable sit even better! :p
But there's definitely nothing in there, and the cable sits looser than the most popular girl at my local red light district.

I feel you! When I plug it into my PC I have to run the cable underneath the phone otherwise it won't connect to USB mode but charging mode only. Needless to say my port is definitely damaged to some extent. :(

I think the upper corners of the insert have been bent out so that the port is completely a rectangular prism as opposed to having the angled top.

This could probably make a cable sit even better! :p
But there's definitely nothing in there, and the cable sits looser than the most popular girl at my local red light district.

I think the upper corners are bent out from the factory, i mean it is made like this. I was disappointed from it because i had to be really careful when i plug it. It really feels very sensitive and easy to damage.

well, cause the original cable is poor quality, You should buy a cable of Galaxy series ( S2, S3, S4). You'll see it better, trust me.

well, cause the original cable is poor quality, You should buy a cable of Galaxy series ( S2, S3, S4). You'll see it better, trust me.
I also had this issue. Change the cable to better one.

Sent from Teclast A10t using TapaTalk HD

Thanks for all your replies!
I've tried a few different cables so it must be damage applied to the charging port itself. Hmmm!

I actually got the same problem, the phone will vibrate all the time because the phone keeps connecting&disconnecitng from the charger.
some times restart will solve the problem, some times I have to try different socket or reconnect cable. annoying tbh.

I actually got the same problem, the phone will vibrate all the time because the phone keeps connecting&disconnecitng from the charger.
some times restart will solve the problem, some times I have to try different socket or reconnect cable. annoying tbh.

Sounds like your port is playing up, mine seems to be bent out of shape in a way that it doesn't seem to seat any micro USB cable tightly anymore.

To be honest, such a small cable may be efficient size wise, but in terms of durability it's actually pretty low!

Even the 30 pin connectors on previous gen iPhones seemed more reliable in terms of durability.

My brandnew MI2S came with a heavy duty USB cable.
0sDjyWW.jpg

My brandnew MI2S came with a heavy duty USB cable!
EXbReZM

Unfortunately it seems to be an issue with the connector port itself, and not any cable I've ever tried. :(

Cleaned it out a little with a sharpened toothpick and got quite a fair bit of dust out which helped a little bit! But the problem still persists.

You could use compressed air to clean out the dust.
Look inside the connector port with a magnifying glass, are the connector wire ends ok?
Use the sharpened toothpick to apply a very small drop of contact spray.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but any luck with this? My USB port is starting to do the same thing. :(

There is a similar issue being reported with the Mi2A and @sdio got a replacement part - see the thread here: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/micro-usb-port-connexion-problems.22518/page-2#post-187675

I've had a quick google for Xiaomi spare parts and haven't found anything yet, but will report back if I do and would appreciate any info that others might have found.

Thanks,

Tim

Yes, I found some of those but I don't think my soldering skills (or my soldering iron) are up to it. I haven't looked closely at the port yet but generally the connectors are tiny and the chance of it not working are higher than I'd like.

If it gets much worse, it might be my only option though. :(

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Hi, I did have the same issue, and the only solution was to buy and solder a new one. It took me 3 hours to dissolder the old one and solder the new one..

The only thing you need is patiente and some desoldering braid

True, the quality of the USB port & the cable is so poor, we need to work hard to charge & connect our phone to PC...
This is so ridiculous... how can they manufacture such a low quality with such small things ?
i mean... i can't believe this.
I kept this to myself just because it is only with me... & i also thought may be beacuse i flash frequently & try to plugin & out frequently it is like that... But now i realize many others also face the same thing...
With my previous HTC & Samsung gave no such problems... I am not saying Xiaomi is s**t.... but atleast they could improve the quality of USB port & Cable so that it fits perfectly... from the beginning i could see the gap even after i connect the USB cable....
SO bad Xiaomi.... improvise yourself !

Make sure there's no fluff or something similar in your port hole!
^^ This.

I had exactly the same issue and could not see anything obvious by looking into the socket. But as soon as I stuck the end of a small paperclip in I got loads of (tightly-packed) fluff out and cables have been perfect ever since. Try it!!