Lost my TWRP on MI 8 SE

XaviPower

Members
Jan 18, 2019
A week ago I made the first update via OTA of the xiaomi.eu since I installed everything, specifically installed the 9.1.10, was downloaded by pressing the button down for about 15 sec, restarted recovery and installed.

Well, today it warns me of a new update 9.1.17, download via OTA and at the time of updating it is left with the black screen, logo MI and the unlocked below ..... from there it does not pass ..... After 30 minutes sustained power button, it restarts and starts without problems, but has not updated anything follows with 9.1.10.
I turn off mobile and try to enter TWRP and nothing, .... logo MI, unlocked down and nothing .... (from the section restart in recovery mode from miui the same thing happens). I think that when I upgraded via OTA for the first time, the TWRP crashed and that's why I can not update it now because it does not go into recovery mode to do the installation process. Is it possible that the first OTA update has ruined the recovery? Can I re-flash recovery from PC without damaging the ROM that I already have installed? ... I will need a more current TWRP because maybe the one I had was not compatible with version 9.1 .10 and that's why he deleted it ?.

Thanks for your help and regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Siruz
USE TWRP 1227. I AM USE THIS TWRP 1227 IN MI 8 SE ROM 9.1.17 AND VERY GOOD. UPDATE YOUR TWRP AND MAKE CLEAN INSTALL.

USE TWRP 1227. I AM USE THIS TWRP 1227 IN MI 8 SE ROM 9.1.17 AND VERY GOOD. UPDATE YOUR TWRP AND MAKE CLEAN INSTALL.
Thank you very much for your answer, but..... Buffff, clean install ROM?.... Really?, is possible don't touch the actually ROM?.... To many years loosing time fixing technology problems ... hahahaha

Enviado desde mi MI 8 SE mediante Tapatalk

boot twrp from pc, make a Backup of your rom and flash twrp agin. After you Update Xiaomi.eu flash twrp again and then restart the phone

Unfortunately if you have to touch the previous ROM and all the data will be lost. it is necessary to make a clean installation to avoid bootloop Infinity

boot twrp from pc, make a Backup of your rom and flash twrp agin. After you Update Xiaomi.eu flash twrp again and then restart the phone
Thanks for your answer but anyway impossible to access twrp....

Unfortunately if you have to touch the previous ROM and all the data will be lost. it is necessary to make a clean installation to avoid bootloop Infinity
Thank you, i'll follow yours instructions.

hello I have a problem with twrp in mi8 se, I have installed the rom 9.1.3, came from android 8, and now I have android 9, but I do not load twrp to update the rom.

I have done the following
1. I put in developer options
OEM unlocking
debugging usb

then download the version of twrp 3.2.3 1227 on the pc and flash it via fastboot, I installed it and it says that everything is ok, but even so it does not let me enter the twrp it stays in fastboot.

What can I do? I have to install another application, please detail the steps

Thank you

Reactions: Omadead457
hello I have a problem with twrp in mi8 se, I have installed the rom 9.1.3, came from android 8, and now I have android 9, but I do not load twrp to update the rom.

OEM unlocking
debugging usb

then download the version of twrp 3.2.3 1227 on the pc and flash it via fastboot, I installed it and it says that everything is ok, but even so it does not let me enter the twrp it stays in fastboot.

Thank you
what commands are you using in the ADB?

OEM unlocking
debugging usb

Thank you
What can YOU do?
YOU have better to read the different thread in this section and elsewhere on this topic. Rather than pollution this one!
MAKE search!

Last edited:

OEM unlocking
debugging usb

Thank you
You must flash a fastboot official rom via Miflash.
Many post here explaining this because we all felt down in that trap.

He leído todo sobre este tema, pero no tengo claras algunas cosas, por eso escribí en el foro, algunos dicen que no es necesario instalar una ROM china, otras que solo instalan twrp 3.2.3 1227, 1107, etc. , los comandos lo mismo

dispositivos fastboot detectados por la computadora
fastboot la imagen de recuperación de instalación también me dice bien
luego fastboot reboot twrp y cuando lo hace permanece de nuevo en fastboot.

Voy a instalar la versión estable china por fastboot y luego el twrp 3.2.3 1227 que es lo que leí.

Gracias de nuevo

Thank you, i'll follow yours instructions.

He leído todo sobre este tema, pero no tengo claras algunas cosas, por eso escribí en el foro, algunos dicen que no es necesario instalar una ROM china, otras que solo instalan twrp 3.2.3 1227, 1107, etc. , los comandos lo mismo

dispositivos fastboot detectados por la computadora
fastboot la imagen de recuperación de instalación también me dice bien
luego fastboot reboot twrp y cuando lo hace permanece de nuevo en fastboot.

Voy a instalar la versión estable china por fastboot y luego el twrp 3.2.3 1227 que es lo que leí.

Gracias de nuevo
Si no puedes me mandas mensaje privado para ayudarte en español es más fácil ayudarte :)

Si no puedes me mandas mensaje privado para ayudarte en español es más fácil ayudarte :)
Jajajaja....., muchas gracias!!!. La semana que viene, con tiempo, me pongo a ello. Me da mucho palo, cuando no es mi móvil es el de mi mujer o el pc o el pc de mis amigos o móviles de familiares, amigos.... La tecnología en lugar de facilitarte la vida te la complica.... Jajajaja

Jajajaja....., muchas gracias!!!. La semana que viene, con tiempo, me pongo a ello. Me da mucho palo, cuando no es mi móvil es el de mi mujer o el pc o el pc de mis amigos o móviles de familiares, amigos.... La tecnología en lugar de facilitarte la vida te la complica.... Jajajaja

Jaja muy bien

Reactions: XaviPower
Yo lo hago todo por comandos desde consola PC (CMD), de eso sabes algo?. Es por abreviar...

[QUOTE = "Omadead457, post: 469486, miembro: 213133"] ¿Cómo? Instalar el TWRP con PC? [/ QUOTE]

Bro

Lo primero que debes hacer es bajar el TWRP en este enlace:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1s_m4CImuiTVLLPIzZvhcgkTjhMzPn6so

Debes activar las opciones de desarrollador de tu equipo y activar Las siguientes opciones: OEM y la Depuración USB.

Usted tiene que tener los controladores ADB en Youtube hay tutoriales de cómo instalar TWRP, bien, debe descomprimir el archivo, luego el archivo con la terminación .IMG, cambiar el nombre de "TWRP", quedaría de la siguiente manera "TWRP.img", El archivo de la carpeta ADB, una vez que abres una ventana de comandos, hay que teclear lo siguiente:
Primer comando: dispositivos fastboot
Segundo comando: recuperación de flash fastboot TWRP.img
(Si le gusta el éxito y todo va bien pasa al siguiente comando)
Tercer comando: arranque fastboot TWRP.img
(Esperas unos minutos y ya debe iniciarte el TWRP, las tareas de bloqueo y el reinicio, luego en el sistema, y que se inicie su dispositivo)
Una vez reiniciado el Actualizador y el Sistema de Instalación, LISTO ya tiene el TWRP actualizado y la última versión de la xiaomi.eu.

Si tienes alguna duda, te lo puedo decir:

https://www.technobuzz.net/root-xiaomi-mi-8-mi-8-se/

No es el mejor vídeo del mundo mundial, pero se entiende perfectamente:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.