Major problem on this rom

jono987king

Members
Jul 27, 2019
I have had the rom on my mi9 for about a month, and today it started changing the volume randomly by itself, so I restarted the phone and it booted my into twrp, and i tried to reboot into system from twrp and it would just send me back into twrp, any suggestions?

This is no joke, it rebooted me into twrp, didn't decrypt, and now my phone is bricked, should I use miflash and flash the global ROM?

While you are in TWRP connect your phone to the computer and save all your data files such as photos, WhatsApp message store and whatever you like to keep..
then go for a complete data, cache and system wipe.
download the latest ROM you want to flash from the computer to your phone,
then disconnect from the computer and Flash it through TWRP. Do not flash while you are connected to your computer..
this probably will cause errors.
this should work but you will lose all data if you don't save it before flashing.
Good luck

On second thoughts I have another suggestion because your story reminds me very much of a problem I had with a xiaomi phone that had the volume button stuck when I got it new out of the box.
I believe the volume rocker was stuck on down so when you started it up it would go to the recovery and only by holding the volume rocker up or away from the down position while starting did I manage to actually start into the rom.
I complained and the phone was sent back as Dead on Arrival so this could be a similar problem.
If your phone is not very old this should be a warranty if it is indeed volume rocker problem

In twrp it wouldn't reboot to system either, I mi flashed the global ROM again, problem still around, off button sometimes doesn't work

I have had the rom on my mi9 for about a month, and today it started changing the volume randomly by itself, so I restarted the phone and it booted my into twrp, and i tried to reboot into system from twrp and it would just send me back into twrp, any suggestions?
go to twrp
save data
format data
wipe cache
install 9.9.6