Many apps FC after upgrade from GB to ICS

rayblue

Members
Nov 26, 2010
Finally I upgraded from GB to ICS, and it was no problem at all. However I am experiencing that many apps are FC all the time. Especially Exchange mail (corporate) is a HUGE problem. It recieves mail, and syncs like a charm, but every time I try to open a mail it FC. Everytime!

Also the HTC_imei_mod keyboard is giving me some problems. It works, but when I try to push one of the suggested words in the autospelling it FC.

Any suggestions?

Followed the guides, but how can I update partition 2? Tried to boot in to partition 2 but it hangs on the white MI logo for ages.

Doesn't updating the partition in Mi-Recovery update both partitions? I am encountering some FCs on ICS after moving to GB but not a lot though.

I have now flashed the update.zip three times. Here is my information:

Baseband version
8660-AAABQNBYA-g6754ca2

Kernel version
Kernel: 3.0.-perf-00314-g80d7dca
builder@taishan #1
SMP PREEMPT Fri May 25 11.44.32 CST 2012

Build number
MIUI-2.5.25

I have tried to let the phone boot in to partition number 2, but it stops on the white screen all the time. The most annoying app is the Corporate mail. It works fine, syncs contacts, calender and mail, but I can't read the mail. Everytime I press on one mail it FC.

I had email FC problems with 2.5.25 also and I'd been on ICS for a while.
I suggest you flash 2.6.1, it has resolved the email FC problem for me.

YES!! This fixed my mail FC, but still HTC_IME mod keyboard is FC when I select a word from the suggested words.

One thing that also is different from GB to ICS is the intensity of vibration. On ICS it is very weak and I have missed many calls because of that (almost 80% of my time the phone is on vibration with no sound).

Any idea on the two matters?

Do every step again and you are using 2.5.25?:)
Can you point me to the guide to update both partitions on Mi-One? I am getting quite more FCs, especially when I try to place the Twitter widget. I seem to have problem calling out today with android.phone force closing every time I tried to make a call.

One thing that also is different from GB to ICS is the intensity of vibration. On ICS it is very weak and I have missed many calls because of that (almost 80% of my time the phone is on vibration with no sound).

The vibration level is less indeed , but you can change it.
I've seen an option in the settings to get it "stronger" again but have not tested it yet...
Go into the settings , full settings and then the sound settings menu.
All the way down vibration is an option that is on medium by default , try "strong" , it might be the little difference ;)

That vibration is only for hardware keys i think, because if you disable vibrate on touch it fades