Many Questions About Redmi 4 Prime

Jujudemetz

Members
Dec 26, 2016
Hello!

I'm French, and I had some questions about 4 Prime (I'll have it in many days).

1- I actually have a Huawei Y550, but the CPU temperature (not battery!) is quite hot (during games/bench) up to 160°F - 70°C, and then throttle.
For the 4 Prime, I think that is better (14nm), is this throttle in benchmark or intensives applications? (I add thermal pad in Y550, but nothing changed, I'll try!)

2- About performances, is it various between official ROMS (8.x.x) and weekly updates (6.x.x) or it's same?

3- Anybody can test on his 4 Prime with 'CPU Prime' and other app ('TempMonitor', temperature is on notification bar) and post his temperature? (After many tests, CPU Prime is the stronger for temperature)

Thanks!

Absolutely no heat issues whatsoever during gaming.
Performance is mostly the same between the available miui roms as they are based on one another
The only issue i found with this phone is the mic quality is just HORRIBLE in video recording. Some other people have also had problems while on calls. I also have issues with my Sandisk Ultra MicroSD 128GB card because it gets unmounted about 5 times per day, however I dont know if its the phones fault or the cards fault yet.

Thanks for reply!

Good for temperature, I'll play lot of with emulator, good for no throttle (especially with Drastic)

I have a small amount of feedback about the sd card problem (in forums), maybe a hardware failure from your phone? I'd a Samsung Evo+ 128Gb card, I'll say if I had the same matter or not (when I'd receive my phone).

I prefer horrible mic quality rather bad screen qualité.. so, what do you tink about display? brightness and especially contrast? For color, it can be adjust with a software.

It's difficult to find another phone with this level of performance, in 5".

EDIT: For contrast ratio, it's 300 better than my Huawei (720), that I found already good. Same for brightness ratio, 250 better.

And is there any overclock possibilities?

Last edited:
The display is really good, really high brightness and low brightness, however the protection of the screen is rather bad. Got a few scratches in the first week while I waited for the tempered glasses to arrive...

About the overclock possibilities there will probably be, because its a snapdragon processor, however right now you wont need it and without a custom kernel its rather hard.

With emulation, we always want much more power^^ But before I'll try^^

Yeah the screen is pretty fragile, I'd bought a glass at same time with the phone.

Thanks for your reply!

However the audio recording quality is a known bug (ignored by xiaomi devs...) but there are already a few fixes available but you need to be rooted. Seems the problem is the noise cancelation algorithm is pretty ****** and makes the sound quality terrible...

Ill be buying a samsung evo+ microsd card to see if its my phones problem or the card problem soon

Yeh, I'd bought mine card in a Deutschland Market 29€, it's really cheap.

My Redmi will be rooted, have you any link for the poor audio recording quality? (if any fix ll be available)

When I appiles the zip file with TWRP, and I update rom (no data loss), will I must applies again zip file?

Yes because the ROM update rewrites /system so the patch is overwritten also. So yeah you should reapply the patch after each update in theory. I will try it in a few days, please post your experience if you try it :)

Okay!, just applies the zip file (fix) after update rom with his zip file in the same menu, procedure is not long.

I suppose need to wipe cache and Dalvik cache before any update? (weekly update)

And then, have you make a post for your sd card problem?

Wipe cache/dalvik should be done after every weekly update to keep system as clean as possible even after dirty flashes.
I filed a bug report but im not sure if its the cards problem or the phones problem so I will buy a new card, Samsung EVO+ 128GB and see if that one has the problem or not. I just RMA'd my old one back and should receive the new one tomorrow or wednesday.

I suppose there are no important data in dalvik cache..

Have you try to test your card with H2testw (for exemple, with Windows)?

Yes, r/w speeds are very good. 90MB/s read and 31 MB/s write but the thing is I think some sectors are dead...

This software write and read on all card's sectors. If anything is wrong I think that software is able to detect it (therefore, I think it erase all data..)