Max 3 - ARB FAILED question

AsadP

Members
Oct 26, 2016
Hey all,

I recently purchased a Mi Max 3 from a reseller of Mi phones (probably imports them from China then resells on)

Anyways, it's the 128GB 6GB edition that was released in November.

It came pre-installed with MIUI9 China (9.6.12).
I checked for ARB and it results in - getvar:anti FAILED which leads me to think it has no ARB value in place (so I can downgrade to a ROM without ARB).

So I came across 9.6.6.0 Xiaomi.EU firmware-less which I was pleasantly happy to find.

@ingbrzy will this be fine to flash on my Max 3 not adding a value onto my ARB or can I go to 9.6.8.0?

Is "fastboot devices" command working? (getvar:anti FAILED might be because device is not in fastboot mode or proper driver not installed etc... AFAIK no ARB devices return 1 for "fastboot getvar anti".)

Is "fastboot devices" command working? (getvar:anti FAILED might be because device is not in fastboot mode or proper driver not installed etc...)

fastboot devices works.
fastboot continue works too.

Tried on 3 different PC's with Mi Unlock and cmd - all works fine and gives back same value for getvar anti

That command doesn't work on Mi Max 3.
And 9.6.12.0 and up have ARB for sure. So just flash EU rom MIUI 10 to avoid bricking your device.

That command doesn't work on Mi Max 3.
And 9.6.12.0 and up have ARB for sure. So just flash EU rom MIUI 10 to avoid bricking your device.

Yeaaaaah, I'm not doing that.
I'm going to unlock bootloader, flash xiaomi.eu 9.6.6.0 and be happy again