Invalid maybe a Encryption bug?

joseehilton

Members
Dec 8, 2018
I have a MI 8 (9.1.3) with TWRP 3.2.3 and i've tried to encrypted my phone today, with the encryption option in system, first told me this will take 1 ~ 2 hours and my phone will be restarted many times. With 30 minutes my phone restart and goes directly TWRP interface, so i restarted again into system and 1h later did the same thing, goes into TWRP, and keep on this, always go into TWRP, so i dont know if its a bug or not, can someone help?

EDIT: I've already format the phone and now its normal, but if someone have answer to why this happen let me know.

Last edited:
format deletes encryption. Are you sure you have an encrypted phone right now?
No, sorry if u dont understand my report, my english is kind bad, i will try to explain better.

When the process of encryption started i was thinking it was ok but my phone start a bootloop, every 30 min my phone restarted and goes directly into TWRP and when i restarted the phone in TWRP to start system he take another 30 min and goes directly into TWRP, so to stop the bootloop i formated my phone. Encryption is bugged at least for MI 8 i guess, he enter in bootloop mode and u need to format the phone to bring back to life.

No, sorry if u dont understand my report, my english is kind bad, i will try to explain better.

When the process of encryption started i was thinking it was ok but my phone start a bootloop, every 30 min my phone restarted and goes directly into TWRP and when i restarted the phone in TWRP to start system he take another 30 min and goes directly into TWRP, so to stop the bootloop i formated my phone. Encryption is bugged at least for MI 8 i guess, he enter in bootloop mode and u need to format the phone to bring back to life.

This is the common behavior in every custom rom when encrypting with system settings tool.
Only possibility is to trip Fstab file.
I already open a claim/request in this bug section.
It is mandatory to have encryption working!

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/any-means-to-have-encryption-working-as-it-should-be.48368/

I have a similar problem. I am on V10.2.2.0 stable, and enabled the phone encryption. Same thing happened, I can only boot to recovery. Is there any way to solve this without Format data?