Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro TWRP 3.4.2b 2020.12.06 from LR.Team

While we're at it - 3.4.0 can't decrypt data, ok.
But, can it perform format data?

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока
Yes - it can. but the fact that the file system has been changed from f2fs could make a difference.

Having read all this update the OTA to xiaomi.eu_multi_mi10_v12.2.7.0.rjbcnxm_v12-11.zip what is the real correct way to get the update done without losing the data if you are at xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V12.2.2.0.RJBCNXM_v12-11.zip and the OTA Update to the newer version pops up?

My situation:
I used to have TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.zip and manually flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V12.2.2.0.RJBCNXM_v12-11.zip coming from stock firmware.
Worked fine for me until the OTA update to the newer rom popped up.
Downloaded and tried to install it. -> Fastboot loop.
Read that thread here and flashed TWRP-UMI-A11-202011102238-ONLY-AFTER-20.11.5.7z.
Phone back alife.
Now boots back into the old system.
Tried the OTA Update again, but nothing happens in twrp.
What to do now?
Of course I want the OTA to work as expected (newest rom installed) and not lose my data.

Thanks in advance

Having read all this update the OTA to xiaomi.eu_multi_mi10_v12.2.7.0.rjbcnxm_v12-11.zip what is the real correct way to get the update done without losing the data if you are at xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V12.2.2.0.RJBCNXM_v12-11.zip and the OTA Update to the newer version pops up?

My situation:
I used to have TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.zip and manually flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V12.2.2.0.RJBCNXM_v12-11.zip coming from stock firmware.
Read that thread here and flashed TWRP-UMI-A11-202011102238-ONLY-AFTER-20.11.5.7z.
Phone back alife.
What to do now?
Of course I want the OTA to work as expected (newest rom installed) and not lose my data.

Thanks in advance
Edited instrctions:
You should be able to keep your data - upgrading the stable ROM.
At this stage, you will need two files:
- TWRP 3.4.2b - 0623 or - 1206 (These will only work with pattern unlocking)
- the ROM that you are going to install - upload it to your phone.
Through Fastboot, you need to BOOT only (not flash) 0623 or 1206 TWRP
You will then be able to install the ROM within TWRP.
As a precaution, you may want to do a full backup within TWRP (tick all the boxes), and your files.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70 and natarau
From stable ROM to beta ROM you would normally have to format data. This will typically erase all of your files and data. So you would need to do a full backup of any files / data that you want to keep. Likewise, you could use something like Titanium backup to backup any apps and data that you want to keep.
He simply want to update Stable to Stable, no need to format data. :)

Edited instrctions:
You should be able to keep your data - upgrading the stable ROM.
At this stage, you will need two files:
- TWRP 3.4.2b - 0623 or - 1206 (These will only work with pattern unlocking)
- the ROM that you are going to install - upload it to your phone.
Through Fastboot, you need to BOOT only (not flash) 0623 or 1206 TWRP
You will then be able to install the ROM within TWRP.
As a precaution, you may want to do a full backup within TWRP (tick all the boxes), and your files.
Thanks for the updated instructions.
Yes, that worked out well for me.
A bit of strange usage of the newest twrp version in which every button reacts only if you point some pixels below it (especially difficult at the pattern part) but I got it working and installing the newest stable zip which came via ota.

Now seems to have even more problems using the full screen gestures but... well. I'm gonna have a look into that tomorrow.

Reactions: Iain_B
I flashed 20.12.29 on my mi10 then wanted to try this twrp https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145679752
i went fastboot flash, boot. It didn't boot up the twrp (stuck on black screen )
Then i tried re-flashing the old one without decryption https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675582373
again went fastboot flash,boot. Still can't get into twrp(stuck on black screen ), pressing volup+power boots up the system
phone reboots fine, but i can't even get to recovery with power menu (reboots to fastboot)
any ideas?) should i wait out the blackscreen for 5min?

Last edited:
Try fastboot boot whichever twrp.img

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

I flashed 20.12.29 on my mi10 then wanted to try this twrp https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145679752
i went fastboot flash, boot. It didn't boot up the twrp (stuck on black screen )
Then i tried re-flashing the old one without decryption https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675582373
again went fastboot flash,boot. Still can't get into twrp(stuck on black screen ), pressing volup+power boots up the system
phone reboots fine, but i can't even get to recovery with power menu (reboots to fastboot)
any ideas?) should i wait out the blackscreen for 5min?
TWRP 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) should be the only TWRP which is flashed to memory. This is stable, but does not decrypt. This is included in the weekly ROMs.
You can install using USB-OTG (USB memory) with this one.

TWRP 3.4.2b-1026 should only be booted into. If it is flashed into recovery memory, it will brick your phone - which you have discovered.
Once you are booted into this TWRP, you can install, and do the regular TWRP actions, as this decrypts your data.
In the weekly thread, in post #560:
The command to boot into the TWRP should be:
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img
There often quite a delay before the TWRP starts, and sometimes a delay before you can enter your pattern.

Well it didn't brick the phone, as in the system boots fine. Any solution to go to twrp now? Only boot to new one? I won't be able to flash any version ever again? just confused rn - you said brick my phone but it didn't brick it, system boots

Had the same problem -> No access to internal memory -> Cant change anything with twrp (whatever TWRP version / boot / flash / Decyption / no Decryption / pincode / pattern / no code)
My Fix:
1. Backup files
2. Flash lastest Global stable with miflash -> Attention: Dont lock your bootloader -> Flashall.bat
3. Boot TWRP 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) -> fastboot boot "recoveryfile.img"
4. Flash lastest Xiaomi.eu Beta via OTG USB Stick
5. Format Data
Works fine now....

Reactions: Iain_B
Had the same problem -> No access to internal memory -> Cant change anything with twrp (whatever TWRP version / boot / flash / Decyption / no Decryption / pincode / pattern / no code)
My Fix:
1. Backup files
2. Flash lastest Global stable with miflash -> Attention: Dont lock your bootloader -> Flashall.bat
3. Boot TWRP 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) -> fastboot boot "recoveryfile.img"
4. Flash lastest Xiaomi.eu Beta via OTG USB Stick
5. Format Data
Works fine now....
Because of the problems between umi and TWRP, people (like yourself) are discovering very effective work-arounds. I don't think that anyone knows when a workable solution will be sorted for umi / TWRP. Looking at the official TWRP site, I do not think that they will be coming up with a solution soon because of the complexities of the en- / de-cryption process.

Well it didn't brick the phone, as in the system boots fine. Any solution to go to twrp now? Only boot to new one? I won't be able to flash any version ever again? just confused rn - you said brick my phone but it didn't brick it, system boots
Do not flash any TWRP into recovery memory - leave the 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle) one there.
When you want to do anything with TWRP, with decryption, and you are happy using Fastboot, just boot the TWRP 3.4.2b-1026 (not flash). I find the TWRP backup is as good as any that I have come across. I use it every time I upgrade.
Or, you could do as @Raphi86 suggests, upgrade using TWRP 3.4.0 using the USB-OTG.

Reactions: Raphi86
Hey guys,

Im at 20.11.12 weekly for umi. In that version a new TWRP without decryption was installed.
I never did an update via OTG before, is it possible to dirty flash like the normal way via TWRP?
I've read a lot of things like "OTG is a clean way to install, etc."
I don't wanna lose my data, thanks for your help!

Hey guys,

Im at 20.11.12 weekly for umi. In that version a new TWRP without decryption was installed.
I never did an update via OTG before, is it possible to dirty flash like the normal way via TWRP?
I've read a lot of things like "OTG is a clean way to install, etc."
I don't wanna lose my data, thanks for your help!
Yes, you can flash it dirty like a normal install via internal memory

Reactions: Lazrgun

My situation:
Phone back alife.
What to do now?

Thanks in advance

ARE YOU USING A STABLE ROM OR THE WEEKLY ONE? I hope you wil reply asap thank you!

So for someone who wants to install every week the new devs ROM, MUST install only from an external source. No other solution exists...!?

So for someone who wants to install every week the new devs ROM, MUST install only from an external source. No other solution exists...!?
I install every weekly update. Just before I do it do this steps, as many people including myself already said :
- remove pin code or change it to pattern temporarily.
- go to fastboot mode (bootloader)
- on PC :
  • Fastboot devices (OK)
  • Fastboot boot twrp3.4.2b (DONT FLASH IT)
  • It opens after 90sec
  • Enter the pattern so it decrypt (OK)
  • Browse the "install" menu and choose the latest weekly previously downloaded and flash it.
  • Direct reboot system. No useless wipe needed.
  • Phone boots and works perfectly

Reactions: Poney70
I install every weekly update. Just before I do it do this steps, as many people including myself already said :
- remove pin code or change it to pattern temporarily.
- go to fastboot mode (bootloader)
- on PC :
  • Fastboot devices (OK)
  • Fastboot boot twrp3.4.2b (DONT FLASH IT)
  • It opens after 90sec
  • Enter the pattern so it decrypt (OK)
  • Browse the "install" menu and choose the latest weekly previously downloaded and flash it.
  • Direct reboot system. No useless wipe needed.
  • Phone boots and works perfectly
I did your solution but after i reboot system it installed?! twrp 1206 and it just goes to twrp with no internal storage (i solved it by installing stock rom ) how must i go to not let twrp install itself to phone ?