Mi 10 / Pro Global only Single SIM

Not true. It's a software limitation that can be removed by flashing a modified driver configuration with the QPST tool.
Interesting have you tried with Mi 10?

Interesting have you tried with Mi 10?

I have not. The method will work for any SD phone, I believe, you just need someone to figure out the necessary changes. I've seen it done with numerous devices over the years. I have a Mi 9 Pro, which is SD855, so I'm kinda tempted to try, although I only need band 20 when traveling.

Not true. It's a software limitation that can be removed by flashing a modified driver configuration with the QPST tool.
There is no proof in this XDA topic about working "unlocked" bands on China devices... ;)

Last edited:

Seems most reply at that forum topic test not work on most new device. And some even lost 4G+.

guys, i bought a global Mi 10, and the unlocked it, flashed EU ROM and now 2 sim active! but there is a problem, in my country, to stop the smugglers,you have to register your IMEI so i tried to do that, But in Global model the IMEI1 and IMEI 2 are completely different! THE TAC part of IMEI is starting with 8602 and the second one starts with 8615!!!! completely different and the custom of my country don't let me to register both IMEIs!
So friends, someone with China Package, would you please check that the TAC part of IMEI ( the first 6 numbers of IMEI) are the same or completely different like mine!!!
Thanks in advance

Reactions: neron
guys, i bought a global Mi 10, and the unlocked it, flashed EU ROM and now 2 sim active! but there is a problem, in my country, to stop the smugglers,you have to register your IMEI so i tried to do that, But in Global model the IMEI1 and IMEI 2 are completely different! THE TAC part of IMEI is starting with 8602 and the second one starts with 8615!!!! completely different and the custom of my country don't let me to register both IMEIs!
So friends, someone with China Package, would you please check that the TAC part of IMEI ( the first 6 numbers of IMEI) are the same or completely different like mine!!!
Thanks in advance
On China model both IMEI starting with 8619

Thanks in advance

My global mi 10 pro has a 8615.. imei on both sims

Reactions: Mammad
Thanks dude, Mine is Mi 10 and 2 completely different IMEI !!!!!!????? But How and Why!?
Yup it's rare but things like this happens ( I don't know why ).
Years ago I had my IMEI change seemingly at random on my nexus 4. so the next guy thought it's a stolen phone because the IMEI did not match the box!
A friend of mine had a Redmi note 3 pro where both sim card slots had the same IMEI.

The friend I mentioned changed the second IMEI to something else (he generated a valid IMEI for his phone model based on the first IMEI ) and registered it on the portal as his second sim card slot ( also in your country ) the phone worked for a while but after that they blocked both of his IMEI numbers lol.

So considering your phone is the global version and nowhere on the box there is the second IMEI number, and changing IMEI is generally considered illegal, I would say your best bet is to pay the price and register the second IMEI as another phone.
Don't know if it's worth it for you though.

Hello, how is difficult unlock global phone for 2 sim? Phone is costly, so I need be sure, if I will buy it, I will be able work with 2 sim. When custom rom is uploaded from here - how is it with autoupdates ? I think mainly google security updates? It must be everytime flashet new rom, or will be here inside this rom autoupdates also ?

Can confirm dual SIM works. I've ordered a SIM tray from AliExpress, running miui 12 weekly on mi 10 and dual standby by works like a charm!

Hello everyone, which version of TWRP did you use? I read there's only an unofficial version for MI 10...

On my Mi 10 Pro IMEI numbers are almost the same. First 9 numbers are the same on both IMEI's... I will order dual sim tray and it should work. Using latest beta rom.

IMG_20200708_161433.jpg global single

IMG_20200708_161041.jpgglobal dual

You can buy for example from Gear.. best Global version with fully support EU frequencies, of course B20 too, and have Dual Sim slot for operate with two mobile networks. I already bought it for 800eur.(I used coupon),. In May will be delivered,because it is pre-sale.
If you buy the China version of the Mi 10 pro and flash it with the Global rom, will it activate B20? I know that here in the USA, I use 2, 4, 12 predominantly They are on the China rom but not the global version. When I flashed the global rom these bands were no longer available to me. The other possibility is that in the global rom it wasn't reading the dual sim slots of the Chinese and wasnt reading my card.

Thanks for the info, I've just got my dual SIM adaptor works a treat on my global mi10.

HALLELUJAH,
IT'S WORKING
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png

I spend around 3 hours to modify the sim trail in order to put inside my 2 sim cards.
And I confirm that the 2 sim cards work great in a Global Mi 10 ( with b20 band and only 1 sim) flash with Xiaomi.eu rom.

Champagne .

No need to buy the china version, just the global one and a double sim trail.View attachment 29285

View attachment 29286
This is really a great news.

I am a newbie to Mi phone. Is it possible to lock the bootloader again after flashing a EU rom in a global version?

This is really a great news.

I am a newbie to Mi phone. Is it possible to lock the bootloader again after flashing a EU rom in a global version?

Hello,
Welcome to Mi community .
You can't relock bootloader after flashing Xiaomi.eu rom because it's a custom rom.
You can do this only if you flash back the official rom !

Hello,
Welcome to Mi community .
You can't relock bootloader after flashing Xiaomi.eu rom because it's a custom rom.
You can do this only if you flash back the official rom !

Thanks for your quick response. It is quite disappointing that Xiaomi disables the second sim in the global version.