Mi 10 / Pro Global only Single SIM

guys, i bought a global Mi 10, and the unlocked it, flashed EU ROM and now 2 sim active! but there is a problem, in my country, to stop the smugglers,you have to register your IMEI so i tried to do that, But in Global model the IMEI1 and IMEI 2 are completely different! THE TAC part of IMEI is starting with 8602 and the second one starts with 8615!!!! completely different and the custom of my country don't let me to register both IMEIs!
So friends, someone with China Package, would you please check that the TAC part of IMEI ( the first 6 numbers of IMEI) are the same or completely different like mine!!!
Thanks in advance

Hello. I bought a Xiaomi MI 10 Global version (not active SIM 2 with stock ROM). I installed the ROM from xiaomi.eu enabling the second SIM. The problem is that the IMEI 2 del SIM 2 is in a different range from the IMEM 1 of the phone, and also checking in the national registry, the IMEI 2 is already associated with another mobile of the same model (Xiaomi 10). How is this possible?

dude, same as here! The second IMEI has associated to MI10 Pro, in my country you have to register the IMEI and because of the difference between the two IMEI (different TAC part) i can't use the SIM2 at all!

dude, same as here! The second IMEI has associated to MI10 Pro, in my country you have to register the IMEI and because of the difference between the two IMEI (different TAC part) i can't use the SIM2 at all!

In my case, the IMEI 2 is registered in my country to another Xiaomi MI 10 device.

Bad luck, Many Xiaomi MI 10 in the World, and the second IMEI is registered in the same country.

In your case, what do you do? Do you write to Xiaomi?

I know that the global version only comes with a single SIM / IMEI, but Xiaomi know that the most users install a custom based ROM of MIUI, and cannot offer phones with a second SIM / IMEI duplicated.

I can't believe this. this is wrong and against the LAW, how in the world the MODEM of two phone would have same IMEI!!???
Here in my country, i have to pay another custom fee for my second SIM as a new device!

Reactions: LOLO9393
So after much reading it seems it is possible for Global versions to flash Indian roms and then relock bootloader WITHOUT bricking. Read this for details: https://c.mi.com/thread-2584760-1-1.html

Indian MI 10's are dual sim, and there are many reports of people switching to Indian rom and getting dual sim capability in their Global MI 10's.

If re-locking the bootloader indeed will not brick the device, as indicated through several sources, then by moving to Indian roms we can have fully functioning and forever SafetyNet passing phone.

Thoughts? Anyone have experience doing this?

Last edited:
My usage with global mi 10 and Xiaomi.eu miui 12 dual sim

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-08-11-37-45-621_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-08-08-11-37-45-621_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 497
  • Screenshot_2020-08-08-11-37-34-924_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-08-08-11-37-34-924_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 485
So after much reading it seems it is possible for Global versions to flash Indian roms and then relock bootloader WITHOUT bricking. Read this for details: https://c.mi.com/thread-2584760-1-1.html

Indian MI 10's are dual sim, and there are many reports of people switching to Indian rom and getting dual sim capability in their Global MI 10's.

If re-locking the bootloader indeed will not brick the device, as indicated through several sources, then by moving to Indian roms we can have fully functioning and forever SafetyNet passing phone.

Thoughts? Anyone have experience doing this?
Can I ask why you would want to flash the Indian rom rather than the excellent xiaomi.eu rom which has dual sim working on the global version of the mi 10

Can I ask why you would want to flash the Indian rom rather than the excellent xiaomi.eu rom which has dual sim working on the global version of the mi 10

I would much prefer to use the xiaomi.eu rom.

However, I can't pass safetynet with an open bootloader unless I flash persist.img (and this workaround probably won't work for long) - and even if I do this, I lose widevine l1, something I don't want to do.

Other option root and magisk also isn't guaranteed to work for much longer.

India rom is not ideal, but is only way to get dual SIM and guarantee safetynet always passes.

I would much prefer to use the xiaomi.eu rom.

However, I can't pass safetynet with an open bootloader unless I flash persist.img (and this workaround probably won't work for long) - and even if I do this, I lose widevine l1, something I don't want to do.

Other option root and magisk also isn't guaranteed to work for much longer.

India rom is not ideal, but is only way to get dual SIM and guarantee safetynet always passes.
Safety net and widevine L1 are available on xiaomi.eu. If your having problems it's likely that an earlier flash went wrong. You can try using the mi flash tool and go back to stock then flash xiaomi.eu this way you should get dual sim, widevine L1 and safetynet passed. I'm on the latest weekly build and have all three on my global xiaomi mi 10

Safety net and widevine L1 are available on xiaomi.eu. If your having problems it's likely that an earlier flash went wrong. You can try using the mi flash tool and go back to stock then flash xiaomi.eu this way you should get dual sim, widevine L1 and safetynet passed. I'm on the latest weekly build and have all three on my global xiaomi mi 10

Many banking apps check for bootloader unlocked - other banking apps maybe don't, but many do.

Safetynet is important for the apps I frequently use. Once hardware based safety checks are rolled out, if xiaomi.eu find a way to pass safetynet then I will definitely use the rom, but in the meantime it is too much hassle for something google could end at any moment.

Great, but once hardware based checks come in you won't pass safety net with an unlocked bootloader. Could be tomorrow could be next month, could be in a few months. But it's coming. I personally don't want the hassle of having to undo everything and reflash a new ROM once hardware based checks are introduced. I'm sure a lot of others agree.

Reactions: goran0904
Hello,
Welcome to Mi community .
You can't relock bootloader after flashing Xiaomi.eu rom because it's a custom rom.
You can do this only if you flash back the official rom !
Hello,
I saw you use two sim cards on your mi 10 pro, so i'm wondering il i buy a global version on mi 10 pro 8G/256G with these bands :
4G: FDD-LTE :B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20/B28/B32 and flash it with an eu.rom for example do the dual sim tray works ??
Tthanks

Hello,
I saw you use two sim cards on your mi 10 pro, so i'm wondering il i buy a global version on mi 10 pro 8G/256G with these bands :
4G: FDD-LTE :B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20/B28/B32 and flash it with an eu.rom for example do the dual sim tray works ??
Tthanks
Yes

Hello,
I plan to buy the xiaomi mi 10 pro 8G / 256G as a global version or china rom with these following characteristics:
4G: FDD-LTE: B1 / B2 / B3 / B4 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B20 / B28 / B32
If I flash the phone, will I have the dual sim with the same bands and working ? I use Freemobile 4G bands (B28)

Regards,

Hello,
I plan to buy the xiaomi mi 10 pro 8G / 256G as a global version or china rom with these following characteristics:
4G: FDD-LTE: B1 / B2 / B3 / B4 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B20 / B28 / B32
If I flash the phone, will I have the dual sim with the same bands and working ? I use Freemobile 4G bands (B28)

Regards,
Yes. But keep in mind that Global version has different 4G bands than China version. Pick the one that is more compatible in your country.

Does anyone know if sim tray can be used from another phone? Even with changes? For example the sim tray of oneplus 7 looks quite a lot.

Does anyone know if sim tray can be used from another phone? Even with changes? For example the sim tray of oneplus 7 looks quite a lot.
You can try if you have a friend who can lend you one. Otherwise, just buy the sim tray for mi 10/pro (single or dual sim) online.