Mi 10 Qualcomm Diagnostic Mode (Diag Mode) for Qualcomm Product Support Tools (QPST Flash Tool)?

theVerge

Members
Feb 19, 2020
Hi MiFans,

What is the correct way to get into diag mode on Mi 10/Pro and backup QCN? QPST says Unknown Phone and No ESN.

This one didn't work:

adb shell
su
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb

On my MI 10 Pro I have set both sys and persist to preserve settings over reboots:
adb shell
su
setprop persist.vendor.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb
setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb

Did you guys lose EFS, because it is recommended to backup

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi 10 Pro met Tapatalk

I tried this on an Ultra, but now my USB connection no longer works on the phone. Any ideas how to correct that?

EDIT: I believe that reinstalling the rom has solved the problem.
It would be nice to know how to get the diagnotic mode working - and QPST for that matter.

Last edited:
With sdn 865 it's not easy. I think few people do it for now. For imei repair, only #2 is available. Waitig for an en rom to fix #1 imei repair issue. You guys must backup efs.

On my MI 10 Pro I have set both sys and persist to preserve settings over reboots:
adb shell
su
setprop persist.vendor.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb
setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb

Can you run a setprop command to revert it?

setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
This one creates a 902D driver in port in dev manager but it won't work for me in qpst. I am running AOSP so that might be why, it might work with MIUI

Last edited: