New MI 10 , stable v12.1.3.0

m@c|-|oR

Members
Sep 5, 2020
Alright, today I unlocked my bootloader, flashed TWRP and did a clean install of "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V12.1.3.0.RJBCNXM_v12-11.zip", making sure that before I did format data.
Installatio went well, but after the installation I am facing problems:
many apps keep reloading (WA; Viber, Tapatalk)
cannot restore conversation hostory for second Viber and WA account (twin apps)
cannot turn-off "find my phone" that isn't working after unlocking bootloader
Viber and WA cannot synchronize contacts

Is it something that I did wrong, or general bugs of the rom? I need a phone as a daily driver and can't allow it to not work properly.

Any help is most appreciated.

Last night I re-installed the stable ROM 12.0.8 and it worked like a charm. Later last night the updater offered mi a new version 12.1.3 it got installed, but I keep facing problems with since then.
Viber, Tapatalk, Mail app, Themes app keep reloading.
Once I caught a message "SD card not available"
What in the world I did wrong? Is it the A11 that should've been flashed differently or just my stupidity to do the thing right?
EDIT: the file system on DATA partition is currently f2fs. Does it have to be changed for XEU ROMs? To what?

Last edited:
As there was no answer from the community, I did some research and realized that the problem is coming (most probably) from the encryption of the data partition which occurs when the screen unlock is activated in any form - PIN, password or fingerprint.
None of this happens with A10 stable versions. As a matter of fact the phone is working like a charm on last A10 stable.
My guess is that the screen unlock is causing the encryption of data partition and that causes all the trouble.
So, until this is resolved I will stick to the last A10 stable version.
I would appreciate some comments of other users that have A11 installed and screen unlock activated.

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

I don't know if this is related but there are apparently some problems with dual apps. try not using dual app feature and see if you have those problems again

Thank you for the answer, mate.
My guess is that the moment I set up the screen unlock - either pin, or password or fingerprint.... the data partition gets encrypted and creates problems to the system.
For the time being I will just enjoy the phone and the rom and with the stable version that works (12.0.8) and wait to see if I was right.
Not that I absolutely have to have the newest version.
;)
And, I just hate to setup the phone from zeros as this is the phone that I am using both for work/business and private life.

Thank you for the answer, mate.
My guess is that the moment I set up the screen unlock - either pin, or password or fingerprint.... the data partition gets encrypted and creates problems to the system.
For the time being I will just enjoy the phone and the rom and with the stable version that works (12.0.8) and wait to see if I was right.
Not that I absolutely have to have the newest version.
;)
And, I just hate to setup the phone from zeros as this is the phone that I am using both for work/business and private life.

That's okay. if you choose pattern you will also be able to decrypt using TWRP later. it basically works as it should. Just saying if you installed the rom again try not using dual apps and see if that helps :)

Will do, but not for some time for sure.
Strange thing - at one instance twrp did not accept the PIN I set up for unlocking screen. That's why I removed all unlock screen protection and the installation went well.
The issue happens with 12.1.3 and doesn't happen with 12.0.8.
That made me thinking that the new rom has some features/issues.

Will do, but not for some time for sure.
Strange thing - at one instance twrp did not accept the PIN I set up for unlocking screen. That's why I removed all unlock screen protection and the installation went well.
The issue happens with 12.1.3 and doesn't happen with 12.0.8.
That made me thinking that the new rom has some features/issues.

yes TWRP currently cannot decrypt android 11 using a pin code. Only pattern works as far as I know

So, if I want to run A11 my options are:
- wait for new version of twrp
- do not setup pin for unlocking screen but only pattern (what about fingerprint?)
- avoid dual apps
Is this correct interpretation?

Last edited:
Over time, I only have a problem with the fingerprint, if you put a fingerprint to unlock the screen, then after a while the phone cannot be unlocked, so I think the problem lies somewhere nearby, there is no such problem with the pin code, everything is still working smoothly and double applications also stand, everything works smoothly, you have to wait for new versions where I can fix this problem with the fingerprint

So, if I want to run A11 my options are:
- wait for new version of twrp
- do not setup pin for unlocking screen but only pattern (what about fingerprint?)
- avoid dual apps
Is this correct interpretation?

Yes you can set pattern and use the current version of twrp to update your rom. Setting up fingerprint does not change anything in that regard.

The part about dual apps was a suggestion because it was mentioned a couple of times in the last 3 weeks.

Basically no one can guess the problem with your exact setup (specific apps or modules you install or backup you restore or other stuff) you can narrow down the problem yourself by setting up your phone step by step.

Starting with a clean flash you cna set up your lock screen and fingerprint reboot and check for yourself that everything works.
Then install your apps check again. Grant root access to specific apps and modifications that you use (if any) one by one and again reboot and check if it works fine.
If all worked you can enable dual apps and see if that is the problem.

right now, again had to do another hard reset after I wanted to change the notification curtain on a new мию12 in the style of the iPhone,rebooted the phone and again, all started over again,and then on the new phone first, put the new app,rebooted all the rules were,and then the shutter decided to put a pin and phone was not unlock,although if you don't put new curtains all the rules work

Thank you guys for the support. As said before, I believe I will just enjoy MIUI 12 with A10 and calmly wait for new version (s) of twrp and/or MIUI.

Finally, I think that the reason for all my trouble were dual apps. Confimed on other forums, from other users.
Anyhow, Android 10 stable is soooooo smooth and good, I almost don't need any updates.
:)

Hi, im having also a problem like you. From 12.0.8 to 12.1.3. Almost all of my apps closed itself. I want to revert back to 12.0.8. do i need to clean install. Or Dirty Flash is ok? When you got from 12.1.3 and install the older one what did you do?i dont want to format my data. Thank You

Hi, im having also a problem like you. From 12.0.8 to 12.1.3. Almost all of my apps closed itself. I want to revert back to 12.0.8. do i need to clean install. Or Dirty Flash is ok? When you got from 12.1.3 and install the older one what did you do?i dont want to format my data. Thank You
Hello,
Clean install is mandatory. ;)

Hi everyone. Please tell me how I can make a backup of applications to restore them later? I used Titanium backup. But it doesn't work on miui 12

Appreciate you guys who upgrade to the latest stable and report bugs.

I also tempted to upgrade to 12.1.3 after I flashed my phone with 12.0.8. Luckily I found this thread which save me from all the hassles