Invalid Mi 11 high refresh rate changes contrast on recent apps and messes with color accuracy

Auaurora

Members
May 9, 2021
I have a Mi 11 Special Edition, which is a China special. When I flashed over to Xiaomi Eu, I immediately noticed a contrast change whenever I access recent apps. This doesn't happen with 60hz refresh rate. I tried playing with display settings a bit, but this problem is ALWAYS persistent in high refresh rate.

I also noticed that this doesn't only happen in recent apps, but the shadows overall seem better in low refresh rate with colors being more accurate, although not as striking as recent apps blasting contrast through the roof with everything turning to a greyish color.

This did not happen to me on the Chinese ROM.

We didn't touch anything related to refresh rate, whatever you experienced in China ROM is very dependant on which version you are comparing with. In any case, not something we can help with.

I was on 12.5 stable China ROM and I'm now on 12.6 (21.4.14) Xiaomi Eu.. Anyhow, so a problem that I found that only showed up when I flashed to your ROM isn't exactly your problem, ok... I guess I have to suck it up.
Thanks for the reply.

I was on 12.5 stable China ROM and I'm now on 12.6 (21.4.14) Xiaomi Eu.. Anyhow, so a problem that I found that only showed up when I flashed to your ROM isn't exactly your problem, ok... I guess I have to suck it up.
Thanks for the reply.
You clearly missed the part where 12.6 is a beta ROM.... If it has refresh rate issues, and Xiaomi.eu don't touch this part, they can't do anything for you.

Going passive agressive on them is pointless.

You clearly missed the part where 12.6 is a beta ROM.... If it has refresh rate issues, and Xiaomi.eu don't touch this part, they can't do anything for you.

Going passive agressive on them is pointless.

I was also on 12.5 EU beta rom before going to 12.6. The problem still persisted to 12.6 and I haven't seen anyone complain about it. I'm not sure what's the problem either but shouldn't something that only exists in xiaomi.eu ROM be an indication that it's a problem specific with my device and their ROM?

If they can't do anything, then I apologize for my rude behavior.