- Aug 16, 2019
Welcome back to my thorough review of this week Xiaomi.EU beta ROM! Please report and confirmed if you encountered same issues too. Now let's get started!
1. Dark Mode 2.0
Upgraded and improve dark mode engine which now capables to darken various unsupported apps, smooth switching and adjust contrast and font-weight automatically.
2. Redesigned notification shade and new Control Center.
Notifications are now separated with quick settings which are called as Control Center.
Control Center also includes customizable data viewing ranging from mobile data, steps and daily phone usage time.
Swipe left to expand notifications and swipe right to expand Control Center.
3. Whole new full-screen gestures navigation system with updated Recents screen.
Swipe the pill left or right to switch between apps. Swipe up and hold for recent and swipe up for home screen. New floating window feature.
4. New MIUI design language.
Most of UI elements are now updated to match with new MIUI 12 design language.
5. Floating windows feature.
Swipe down floating notification to read messages in floating window. Hold and swipe up to make current window floating.
More gestures in Settings Special features Floating window.
6. Super Wallpaper
New super wallpaper feature that dynamically changes AOD, lock screen and home screen theme to beautiful scenery of Earth or Mars.
7. Upgraded Always-On-Display feature.
Now capable to choose a lots of dynamic and downlaodable AOD skins that match with your style.
8. Enchanced privacy protection.
Added Virtual ID technology and more details permission usage statistics.
9. Updated system apps.
Gallery provides easier arrangement of albums and support pan and zoom on video,
Health app shows more detail statistics and powerful and much more apps updated.
10. Improve battery usage statistics.
Now include time range selector and easier SOT and Standby viewing.
11. Redesigned Screen Time feature.
Much powerful and detail screen time management.
12. Dynamic and smoother screen rotation.
MIUI now smoothly animate the screen rotation of device when viewing videos and opening apps.
13. View bluetooth device battery percentage at App Vault
14. Added new lock screen style.
1. Volume control sensitivity is too low.
User has to swipe up/down with lots of effort to turn up/down the volume sliders.
Alternatively, user can press the voume keys to quickly change the volume.
2. Notifications buttons padding incorrectly displayed (Can be clearly seen at floating notification and notification shade)
3. Picture in Picture (PiP) broke.
Youtube and other apps that support PiP can't be displayed in small PiP window.
4. Black screen on video panel when minimizing app to floating window.
Steps to reproduce: Play Youtube video, swipe up to float the app, and black screen will emerge.
5. Performance issues (Subjective, needs confirmation)
New navigation gestures system sometimes feels sluggish compared to previous generation gesture.
Steps tried: Clean and dirty flash on Mi 8 (dipper TWRP 3.3.1-2 mauronorio)
- Fix data usage settings do not follow SIM card choices issue.
1. Dynamic font-weight feature doesn't work in Second Space (Make the entire UI appears thin).
Greeting guys! Been long time since I review beta ROMs and here it comes, MIUI 12!
This is the first version of the new MIUI so its to be expected to have lots of bugs and glitches.
Anyone face same performance issue like me too? I hope the future builds will solve this.
Anyway, gotta say that pan and zoom on video support is the one I've been waiting long time ago
and they deliver it! Great job Xiaomi and Xiaomi.EU developers