Mi 11 Pro boots into TWRP instead of system after flashing 12.5.7 and Magisk

lukas1337

Members
Apr 28, 2021
Hey,
I'm completely new to Xiaomi Roms but the steps seemed almost the same as other phones but after booting into trwp and installing it, I tried installing 12.5.7 Stable release and flash magisk afterwards. But after pressing reboot, my phone boots into twrp instead of Xiaomi.eu. I tried reinstalling Stock Rom and go through the whole procedure again but still doesn't boots into recovery.
I've seen a lot of posts below threads having the exact same issue but I couldn't find any helpful solution yet so I decided to open a thread. Hope anyone can help me here.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Lukas

Did you format data in TWRP (really format data, not just wipe!)?

Gesendet von meinem M2102K1C mit Tapatalk

Reactions: lukas1337
Hello,

If it's your first Xiaomi.eu installation, it's not recommended to install Magisk directly after installing the ROM (Install Magisk after finishing the first configuration wizard). ;)

If your device still doesn't boot after using the "Format Data" button in TWRP, you should use the stock recovery and "Wipe Data" in it then reboot your device. :)

I went for this guide and there was no instruction to format data, so no. I saw someone saying that you should never wipe data because It takes ages to go make it working again

Hello,

If it's your first Xiaomi.eu installation, it's not recommended to install Magisk directly after installing the ROM (Install Magisk after finishing the first configuration wizard). ;)

If your device still doesn't boot after using the "Format Data" button in TWRP, you should use the stock recovery and "Wipe Data" in it then reboot your device. :)
Didn't know that you should format data after flashing the rom. On every other device I've done it but since it wasn't mentioned in the guide, I never did it. Gonna try it again now, I'll let you know if it works. Thank you

Reactions: s3axel and Poney70
I went for this guide and there was no instruction to format data, so no. I saw someone saying that you should never wipe data because It takes ages to go make it working again
you definitely need to format data once you change ROMs - i.e. when changing ROM versions like going from stable to weekly, from official to Xiaomi.EU.... For updating within the same ROM you don't need to do that....

Hello,

you definitely need to format data once you change ROMs - i.e. when changing ROM versions like going from stable to weekly, from official to Xiaomi.EU.... For updating within the same ROM you don't need to do that....

Thank you very much for the fast answers, you guys helped me a lot. It works like a charm now :)
Best regards

Reactions: s3axel

What does it mean format data? If you go to the wipe menu it opens 3 possibilities one in the left (manual wipe) one on the right and a swipe right factory reset. Which one you have to do?