Mi 12 PRO sound problems

aydenero

Members
Apr 14, 2022
Hello,

I have 3 sound problems with Xiaomi 12 Pro.

1) When somebody is calling me, sound is coming from the top speaker, not the ear speaker above the middle camera and everyone can hear the caller...also it is not that loud at all, even at the top volume.
2) Quiet microphone during phonecalls, 3 different people told me that I'm really quiet.
3) There are 3 volume levels. For ringtone, media and alarm. When I set media for 0 and ringtone for 100, I can still hear media sounds like messenger, gmail and all other apps. When I set ringtone for 0 and media for 100, I can only hear media. In order to mute all media sounds, I have to lower both ringtone level and media to 0.

Any solutions to above? New to Xiaomi...

Regarding point 1 and 2, anyone else having same issues with this phone? Seems like a not problem with the ROM itself but just Xiaomi 12 Pro...please let me know how it looks from your side.

Regarding point 1 and 2, anyone else having same issues with this phone? Seems like a not problem with the ROM itself but just Xiaomi 12 Pro...please let me know how it looks from your side.
xiaomi 12 with Xiaomi.eu same problem. audio call from upper speaker

i tried with whatsapp same thing. so it is not a dilaer app bug. i think top speaker also works as earpiece. try hardware test *#*#6484#*#*
it seems only the upper speaker with low volume

Earpeace/Top Speaker confirmed - hardwaretest for mic: I had to speak very loud to pass the test!?
Hardware test for earpeace: When I change volume during the test, i get two sliders. The first one (i guess for the earpeace) does nothing. The second one controls earpeace + top speaker.
The test for top speaker seems to also use the earpeace - weird.

Attachments

• IMG_20220502_182720.jpg
    IMG_20220502_182720.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 422