Mi 5c Roms, Known Issues And Bug Reporting

Hello pals, I just wanted to notify you that black friday sales tricked me into buying a Mi MIX 2, therefore I'm selling my Mi 5c (gotta get some money back:D). Anyway, I'll not be able to test ROMs and bugs for this device anymore so I don't know how much I'll be able to keep this thread updated. @zeork if you're fine with it, I could ask ingbrzy if he's able to give you the ownership, as you're the real Mi 5c guru here, and I'm 100% sure you'll do a better job than me. Let me know.

Hello pals, I just wanted to notify you that black friday sales tricked me into buying a Mi MIX 2, therefore I'm selling my Mi 5c (gotta get some money back:D). Anyway, I'll not be able to test ROMs and bugs for this device anymore so I don't know how much I'll be able to keep this thread updated. @zeork if you're fine with it, I could ask ingbrzy if he's able to give you the ownership, as you're the real Mi 5c guru here, and I'm 100% sure you'll do a better job than me. Let me know.
Lucky you. Well I'm stuck with this piece of s*** of a phone. I will try to make the best out of it, maybe I'll use it to hamer nails in my walls while listening to music on it, that's the only useful thing to do with it. A nice fancy smart hammer for 200EUR, great value indeed. Xiaomi nails it indeed.

Anyone has the same issue with permissions?. I have to tell my phone 100times to open an app, Nova launcher is asking me to run an app, asks me after I restart again for some apps. So annoying ........

Lucky you. Well I'm stuck with this piece of s*** of a phone. I will try to make the best out of it, maybe I'll use it to hamer nails in my walls while listening to music on it, that's the only useful thing to do with it. A nice fancy smart hammer for 200EUR, great value indeed. Xiaomi nails it indeed.

Anyone has the same issue with permissions?. I have to tell my phone 100times to open an app, Nova launcher is asking me to run an app, asks me after I restart again for some apps. So annoying ........
Its not miui bug, its problsm wifh launcher. Set to all permission?
Security- Manage apps-perrmission

Its not miui bug, its problsm wifh launcher. Set to all permission?
Security- Manage apps-perrmission
It's not just nova launcher, any app launched from anywhere makes the same thing. When starting an app from let's say Play store, same deal. I've set permissions for nova launcher, I've allowed all there is possible but it's still the same. Anyway maybe now it won't bother me anymore. I've been able to wipe the phone after all and flash the "EU rom" hope it would fix it ;)

It's not just nova launcher, any app launched from anywhere makes the same thing. When starting an app from let's say Play store, same deal. I've set permissions for nova launcher, I've allowed all there is possible but it's still the same. Anyway maybe now it won't bother me anymore. I've been able to wipe the phone after all and flash the "EU rom" hope it would fix it ;)
I dont use 3th party launchers. Once i try BB Launcher on Miui 9 on Mi5c and work all fine, but i missed to Miui launcher and back to default.

Nice buy :) good luck with new phone.
Ok i can. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: archmirak
This rom is soo much better then official China rom, can't say how much better it works now! I definitely recommend it to those who use the official rom and live outside china.

This rom is soo much better then official China rom, can't say how much better it works now! I definitely recommend it to those who use the official rom and live outside china.
Please write what better than china?

Please write what better than china?
It has play store on, it has much less permission issues, there are no china apps that are useless outside china, it works faster, it has my language on, notification shade has 5 buttons in a row and there is no search bar in it which is great. The smaller improvements are: The weather app gets data from accuweather, dailer is working normally (no china contacts from who knows where), no double connects in the dailer, double tap resent switches windows. And what's the most important things it just works as expected, that's hard to say for the china rom. This are just the most important things to me, try out and see for yourself ;)

This phone is useless. Youtube, ussd codes, losing connection, slow 3g inetrnet even though 5 modes are turned on. is there any rom that is at least a little more stable? I am currently at 8.5.4.0. youtube works on it. Has anyone tried this lastest beta7.11.23? frustrating is to try out different versions and re-install applications.This is definitely the worst decision to buy this phone.

This phone is useless. Youtube, ussd codes, losing connection, slow 3g inetrnet even though 5 modes are turned on. is there any rom that is at least a little more stable? I am currently at 8.5.4.0. youtube works on it. Has anyone tried this lastest beta7.11.23? frustrating is to try out different versions and re-install applications.This is definitely the worst decision to buy this phone.
I've been using weeklies for quite some time, and even stable 9.1.2.0 for a while. They felt fine for me, though I've never tried ussd codes and youtube app. Everything else has been absolutely fine, never lost connection with my carrier. Haven't tested 7.11.23 as I don't have this phone anymore, I think you should give it a shot though.

I've been using weeklies for quite some time, and even stable 9.1.2.0 for a while. They felt fine for me, though I've never tried ussd codes and youtube app. Everything else has been absolutely fine, never lost connection with my carrier. Haven't tested 7.11.23 as I don't have this phone anymore, I think you should give it a shot though.
Is there any other rom for this phone?

Last edited:
Only zooming video work fine on 8.1.13.0 and 8.1.19.0 and old Miui 8 developers rom. Another bugs are in all roms.
Lose internet connection on 4G, ussd code not work, fc check version info in 6484, wrong carriers names(not all users)

But not have slow 3G internet, its bug from one of first stable china exmaple 8.1.10.0 and fake Global roms 8.1.10.0.0. And 8.5.4.0.0 i think You have fake Global rom. For this phone not exist Global rom.
Show screenshot from phone info.
If You have fake Global rom, just flash rom via Xiaomiflash(miflash) 2017 with last china developer fastboot rom, phone in fastboot mode and set clean all. After flash unlock bootloader(do this only on Official china rom). After that flash twrp, format data, install Xiaomi.eu from Twrp.

Reactions: dbrzlsk
It was happened on old stables(before 8.1.10.0) and fake global roms - very slow 3G internet = fast like 2G, poor range etc.

Only zooming video work fine on 8.1.13.0 and 8.1.19.0 and old Miui 8 developers rom. Another bugs are in all roms.
Lose internet connection on 4G, ussd code not work, fc check version info in 6484, wrong carriers names(not all users)

But not have slow 3G internet, its bug from one of first stable china exmaple 8.1.10.0 and fake Global roms 8.1.10.0.0. And 8.5.4.0.0 i think You have fake Global rom. For this phone not exist Global rom.
If You have fake Global rom, just flash rom via Xiaomiflash(miflash) 2017 with last china developer fastboot rom, phone in fastboot mode and set clean all. After flash unlock bootloader(do this only on Official china rom). After that flash twrp, format data, install Xiaomi.eu from Twrp.

I have done all that. Now i am on leatest 7.11.23 beta. Same thing. Youtube zooming again, loosing the network, ussd does not even have to mention it. catastrophe of rom, catastrophe of the phone. Is there any other working rom like cyanogenmod?????

I have done all that. Now i am on leatest 7.11.23 beta. Same thing. Youtube zooming again, loosing the network, ussd does not even have to mention it. catastrophe of rom, catastrophe of the phone. Is there any other working rom like cyanogenmod?????
Unfortunately not.
Only China Stable and Dev and customs: Xiaomi.eu and Multirom. Both base on Miui.

Unfortunately not.
Only China Stable and Dev and customs: Xiaomi.eu and Multirom. Both base on Miui.
Which rom to install? Which has the least bug? I was at 8.5.4.0 and it was ok. Youtube is not zooming but today, at least 5 times interrupted the call. Sorry for google traslate :D

Which rom to install? Which has the least bug? I was at 8.5.4.0 and it was ok. Youtube is not zooming but today, at least 5 times interrupted the call. Sorry for google traslate :D
Sir please go to en.miui.com and miui.com. And Click button confirm in all bugs what i report on Mi5c, and You can answer and deskribe Your problem. My nicknane not site is Smietana. Today i talk with admins and owners about bugs on Mi5c, maybe They help to us with this issues.

Have You this issue:
http://en.miui.com/thread-621244-1-1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir have You this issue?
http://en.miui.com/thread-621244-1-1.html

Guyz i need Yours help. Pleease write what issue do You have. After that i show how do logs and You do that for me and send me link for this files. I send this files to modem devs china.

Reactions: archmirak
Guyz i need Yours help. Pleease write what issue do You have. After that i show how do logs and You do that for me and send me link for this files. I send this files to modem devs china.
@_06nH @Panco89 @Sunit @Josipa @Catadarius @hosxt9 guys, if you can please help @zeork right now, we might have a good opportunity to get some bugs fixed!

Also, please "spam:D" the confirm button right here if you've missed it yet: http://en.miui.com/thread-833250-1-1.html
It's the video zoom issue bug report, we're already at 36 users who confirmed, though we need more to get it fixed!

Last edited:
Reactions: zeork
Sir
Check out all my bug threads and write me the one you have. Need help, logs from other Mi5C from across Europe. As I will know which of you have problems with mi5c, then I will talk to each one separately and explain what I need. I can only mention that I will need you to describe the problem, screenshots of the error and various logs. Then I will send to devs on miui.com for analysis. In addition, I encourage you to visit miui.com - Chinese forum and confirm bugs as on en.miui.com. I have the same nick "smietana". There are also posts. Even if you do not have such an error, please confirm.