Mi 5c Roms, Known Issues And Bug Reporting

I've look at the download page for all phones here on xiaomi.eu in stable folder and it seems that this version isn't there anymore. The link to it on the first post of this thread still works though.

Thanks for confirming that @hosxt9 . May be they are working on it now and would come out with the fixed one soon. Meanwhile I have reverted to 9.1.5.0.

Hi to the small and somehow struggling (due to non global ROM, zoom bug etc.) community of Mi 5c :)
It has been a while that the chinese ROM is released and I'm wondering if it will have been a Xiaomi EU version too in the near future. It seems that it takes longer than usual. Do you think that that is happening because of the effort to fix the zoom bug?
Thanks for your time!

I have problems with my Gmail, it's not notifying me when I get new mail unless I open the app. (Using 9.1.5.0 stable). All possible permissions are on in the app and in system settings. The app optimization program is turned off. It seems that the background process for Gmail gets killed but I don't know why or what kills it, I never killed any tasks in the recent view or use the x which clears the memory.

Any ideas? On my Nexus 4 I never had that kind of problem.

Thanks for confirming that @hosxt9 . May be they are working on it now and would come out with the fixed one soon. Meanwhile I have reverted to 9.1.5.0.
New official china stable rom V9.2.1.0.NCJCNEK is out. But it seems it's only available for download form the china page.

http://www.miui.com/download-327.html
Thanks for the news, I've updated all the first post links. I guess they're fixing some minor issues in 9.1.9.0, anyway they might skip it for 9.2.1.0 as well.

Reactions: Theo101
hi i have last eu rom on my mi 5c, i have few problems:
lost any connection and i must go to airplane mode and back to get it back (got that from day i bought it)
mi remote not working ( from last update)
if i turn flashlight without unlocking screen it turn off by itself after few sec

8.1.25 bug video zooming is fixed! yeah!
Hi. Can You open some video on Youtube and change quality from 360/480 to 720p/1080p not zooming video too?

I have issue, when open video, watch issue with automaticlly zooming is fixed, but when i try change quality to higher than video zooming.

I think that this patch does not solve the problem, it only sets rigidly on 480p, and if we change it to the higher one, the bug goes on and the video is zoomed

Installed the latest xiaomi.eu stable 9.2.1.0 NCJCNEK, not observed any noticeable bug, just one thing observed from the previous build, 9.1.5.0 wherein the battery drain was terrible. The phone would just die after reaching 15% or so. Not so bad on this build but still does the same on reaching 8-9%. Anybody else experiencing something similar?

Installed the latest xiaomi.eu stable 9.2.1.0 NCJCNEK, not observed any noticeable bug, just one thing observed from the previous build, 9.1.5.0 wherein the battery drain was terrible. The phone would just die after reaching 15% or so. Not so bad on this build but still does the same on reaching 8-9%. Anybody else experiencing something similar?
1.Not have bug with zooming video on facebook, youtube automatically or when we choose 720p/1080p?
2.Ussd Code(mmi) work ? Example *100# in dial pad?
3.Work check version in english language?
Put in dial *#*#6484#*#* and choose option "check version"
4. Modem dont crash after voice call on 3G when we have on mobile internet?
After voice call in 3G You dont lose range and long wait to come back
5. You dont lose internet connection on mobile data 4G? Example on mobile internet on 4G, go to miui.com and click download example rom, when download read ant threads. On my Mi5c dowbloadk ok, but after few moment download speed from 2MB/s got to 0KB/s and web site dont open too.
Help only on and off airplane mode.
6. Phone sudenly dont off when You have 5-8% battery?
7.In settings-sim cards and mobile settings-sim card settings-mobile networks, choose manual search and how long to find all providers? On Mi Max takes 10-20 seconds to full scan and find all providers, on Mi5c takes 40-300seconds.
8. What speed in Yours phone on 3G and 4G?
Some users complain slow 3G.
9. All features in Instagram works? Some users complain that live dont work.
10. Phone not restart when You have sim ob sim1 slot and on mobile data internet? Few users from example India have this issue, i dont have.
11. You have good wifi mac address? Few users have wrong mac wifi and they cant on wifi. Example wrong mac address wifi 02:00:00:00:00:00
I dont have this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
@zeork,

I've purchased a new phone mi5c and used eu rom 8.2.1(miui weekly rom).
I've 3 issues with this phone as follows:

1. Battery Drain while power is off :
I charged the phone 100% before I turned it off. After 2days, turned it back on and the battery was at 40%.
I found the battery draining in power-off mode about 2% for every hour.​

2. EAP-SIM Authentication on WiFi makes phone crash & reboot :
a. under WIFI zone with EAP-SIM Authentication
b. go to setting of WIFI
c. add network
d. select Authentication : EAP
e. select EAP method : SIM
f. phone OS is crashed and reboot...​

3. camera problem in HDR mode :
'Cannot connect to camera' message in HDR mode​

4. camera problem in selfie mode :
camera app is crashed when changing mode to selfie​