aleksandro

Members
Dec 19, 2017
Mi 6 encryption failed several times with 3 different version of Xiaomi.eu 9.1 ROMs. It starts the process and the progress bar completes but the encryption just remains stuck on that screen for hours. Annoyingly, once I force restart it declares encryption failed and renders the phone unusable. The complete clean flashing is the only solution. However, the encryption works on MIUI9 Global stable and developers versions. I can only conclude there is an issue with Xiaomi.eu ROM.

I prefer Xiaomi.eu ROM otherwise. It is much cleaner and battery friendly in comparison to the official Global stable or Developer’s versions,. and would like to use it, but the encryption is a big problem.

You can certainly encrypt you device by manually edit the fstab.qcom under "vendor/etc". First mount vendor in TWRP, or whatever recovery you are using. And find the /data line in fstab.qcom , change the "encryptable=ice" to "fileencryptaion=ice,quota", save and reboot. Now your whole device is encrypted. P.S. You need a recovery that supports encrypted /data partition. P.P.S. You need to do this EVERYTIME if your vendor partition modifies, i.e., when you flash a new ROM from xiaomi.eu. Cheers.