Mi 8 boot stuck after .EU rom install

ieselisra

Members
Dec 22, 2016
Hi,
i received today my new Mi8 6/128 and it cames (as always...) with Global rom from who-knows.

The Phone came with unlocked bootloader, so i installed TWRP 3.2.3.0 via adb and after restarting into recovery, installed the last .EU weekly.

Now the phones still on black MI loading screen forever.

Any ideas??
Thanks in advance.

If you are able to flash from TWRP I had a similar issue when I upgraded to the last global beta build (Normal OTA).
Mi phone is Chinese changed to beta global.
After the normal OTA update and the MI logo forever (please note that EU ROM boot takes time). I flashed again by TWRP the complete global beta recovery rom and the phone worked.
After that I decided to change from beta global to global .EU and I flashed eu ROM 8.10.12 over the global beta rom and it works fine (wipe data in TWRP before restarting)
Hi,
i received today my new Mi8 6/128 and it cames (as always...) with Global rom from who-knows.

The Phone came with unlocked bootloader, so i installed TWRP 3.2.3.0 via adb and after restarting into recovery, installed the last .EU weekly.

Any ideas??
Thanks in advance.

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

Hi,

Any ideas??
Thanks in advance.

I got the same during EU ROM installation on my Mi8EE.
Solution was:
Reboot into TWRP and do a FORMAT DATA to clean all on the phone.
Restart into TWRP recovery again.
Connect to the PC and upload appropriate ROM.
Install... Reboot... Done... :)))
Good Luck.

Sorry i forgot to answer!

Yes, i solved it like tkawa said but using adb/fastboot line commands.

Thanks!

same issue here :-(

Can't boot anymore. I tried to put back an official MIUI and now I've got a chinese screen with lock on it. I can't unlock...

When I try to flash a new miui europe rom it stays on boot screen....

I've got MI8 Explorer Edition.

EDIT: I successfully entered my password for connecting my mi account. After that I flashed stable EE miui.eu rom and my phone is still stuck on bootscreen =(

Last edited:
Is your bootloader unlock?
If no, you need to unlock it first http://en.miui.com/unlock/
If yes:
  1. Install twrp 3.2.3 via fastboot
  2. Boot into twrp
  3. Wipe -> Factory Reset
  4. Wipe -> Format Data
  5. Copy xiaomi.eu rom to phone, and install it
  6. Wipe cache/dalvik (Very important)
  7. Reboot

Last edited:
Is your bootloader unlock?
If no, you need to unlock it first http://en.miui.com/unlock/
If yes:
  1. Install twrp 3.2.3 via fastboot
  2. Boot into twrp
  3. Wipe -> Factory Reset
  4. Wipe -> Format Data
  5. Copy xiaomi.eu rom to phone, and install it
  6. Wipe cache/dalvik (Very important)
  7. Reboot

Fixed indeed only do a format Date on the button and confirming with "yes". The selection of data partition and format didn't work.

Fixed indeed only do a format Date on the button and confirming with "yes". The selection of data partition and format didn't work.

When you open TWRP recovery first time you must approve the recovery can change your system.

If you won’t do it TWRP can’t format your be able to format your system.

See instruction in movie:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
in time ~1.20 point 5.

Good luck.

+

This can happen coming from the Global format to EU. ALL partitions need to be formatted.

As Sebastian mentioned follow his steps. If you struggle to copy ZIP file to phone after wipe in TWRP you can use the sideload option in TWRP advanced menu.

Make sure you have the adb/fastboot drivers installed. Download the EU ROM to your PC. Boot into TWRP then advanced menu, select sideload and make sure wipe cache/dalvik is selected swipe right to run and type 'adb sideload FILENAME.ZIP' on your PC where adb.exe and ZIP is located and wait

Once done reboot and you should be good to go