Mi 8 GPS Issue

Using XiaomiTool for Download lastest rom, just download rom, dont flash the rom by it, flash by cmd flash_all.bat

Gửi từ MI 8 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Thanks, i will try and hope, that GPS get worked.

Remember run google installler apk to install google service google play, run google maps first to recognize your location then can using it normally, test with gps test or gps status, always load the Sattlie :d

in the end i solve the problem. I flashed in magisk "Global Optimized GPS File Replacer". Now is GPS working nice with xiaomi.eu

same question : what rom are you using ?
So i received the phone with china rom. It worked fine.
after the 15 days i changed to .eu rom and no more gps, and reboots don't work, also this has been widely reported for EU rom so far.
Magisk gps file didn't help.
I will try to wipe and reflash today. Doing titanium backup as we speak.

So i received the phone with china rom. It worked fine.
after the 15 days i changed to .eu rom and no more gps, and reboots don't work, also this has been widely reported for EU rom so far.
Magisk gps file didn't help.
I will try to wipe and reflash today. Doing titanium backup as we speak.
It useless, just back to china rom or global rom your gps must work

It useless, just back to china rom or global rom your gps must work

Im trying to flash Global through recovery but it doesn't work.

So i started with official Stable china rom.
After the unlock period, i moved to EU, but have GPS issues.
So now im trying to get Mi8 global working, from EU rom.

So downloaded the recovery version, and trying to flash through twrp.
Im getting zip signature verification failed for Mi8 Global recovery, through twrp 0711. twice.
And if i uncheck the signature check, it will flash but reboot back to recovery.
What am i doing wrong?

Global rom must run on mi flash, not using recovery

confirmed ;-)
Confirmed too ! I've just tried the german solution proposed on xda = to switch off interactive mode in battery settings.
I rebooted my phone and will wait an hour approx. to see if there is any change. I'll keep you informed.

Reactions: exxxtasy
Confirmed too ! I've just tried the german solution proposed on xda = to switch off interactive mode in battery settings.
I rebooted my phone and will wait an hour approx. to see if there is any change. I'll keep you informed.
So, after four hours doing as follows :
- Going to parameters > battery and performance > Scenes > Interactive mode --> Disable
- Going to parameters > battery and performance > Choose the application > three dots on the upper right corner --> Show system apps + Play store --> No restriction
My GPS is fixing and functionning ! I'm quite happy because I did not purchase a flagship to have to install custom roms, root... It would have clearly been my last xiaomi phone.
Nevertheless, some optimization of their battery management scenes is necessary !
I hope this solution will last...

There is fix found on 4pda I didn't try but reported working for GPS fix. There is settings for GPS in gps.conf file, so u take this file from global mi version and put in /vendor/etc folder and set - 664. This need root or twrp - just mount /vendor folder. I'll try bit later. Rename attached file to gps.conf and of course save original

Attachments

• gps.conf.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,118
After half a day still no issues in 8.8.9 on Mi8
This is indoor test after 15 seconds
58508850270561e4a8a088cf7b909d7a.jpg

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

- Going to parameters > battery and performance > Scenes > Interactive mode --> Disable
- Going to parameters > battery and performance > Choose the application > three dots on the upper right corner --> Show system apps + Play store --> No restriction
My GPS is fixing and functionning ! I'm quite happy because I did not purchase a flagship to have to install custom roms, root... It would have clearly been my last xiaomi phone.
Nevertheless, some optimization of their battery management scenes is necessary !

It worked for me, thanks a lot

Just facing this on eu rom, normally on global and china rom

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

you mean "non-interactive mode" -> disable ? (which would be equal to interactive mode -> enable :D)

anyways i am using those two options, GPS is working until after afew hours, where i have to restart the phone...

From all the mixed messages i read everywhere it seems like something else is playing a role. As there are people that claim to have issues on global/beta while others don't so its not purely about the rom perhaps.