Mi 8 GPS Issue

Global rom auto works with gps stable, i font want using any tool :)

Gửi từ MI 8 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Global rom auto works with gps stable, i font want using any tool :)

You are correct, with Global Stable, my GPS is always work accurately, anytime.

Since I don't have any root access, does anybody here mind to share the default gps.conf file extracted from latest Global Stable? I want to compare it with the ones that suggested by RainGater.

These settings fixed the GPS issues for me
99e1abaf36c86d2a711a5bee72980f1d.jpg

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

@RainGater
Do you think it would be better if I set the server to pool.ntp.org (worldwide) rather than pointing to a very specific region? So, I don't need to change the configuration when I travelled to other regions/countries.
Yes, that's why I have pool.ntp.org listed first and other servers, like 0.us.pool.ntp.org, etc., later. But, if you have a specific country, then it's always good to use that as there is no need to do any translation.

Like I mentioned several times before, it's just easy make changes and copy/paste gps.conf to /etc folder and changes will take effect after a reboot. As simple as that ;)

Yes, that's why I have pool.ntp.org listed first and other servers, like 0.us.pool.ntp.org, etc., later. But, if you have a specific country, then it's always good to use that as there is no need to do any translation.

Like I mentioned several times before, it's just easy make changes and copy/paste gps.conf to /etc folder and changes will take effect after a reboot. As simple as that ;)

Got it. I just successfully flashed the latest EU Stable and Magisk 17.2 for my Mi 8, now into the reconfiguration, apps reinstallation, etc.. After that I'm gonna try to replace the GPS.conf file and will report back shortly.

Thank you very much for your guidance, it really helped me out :)

Tried it already, but it dont help me for using gps
Got it. I just successfully flashed the latest EU Stable and Magisk 17.2 for my Mi 8, now into the reconfiguration, apps reinstallation, etc.. After that I'm gonna try to replace the GPS.conf file and will report back shortly.

Thank you very much for your guidance, it really helped me out :)

Forget about the description I just use the update file from other module. What's important is the GPS confirm file in system/etc and in vendor,,

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
I have removed the gps.conf from my /vendor/etc folder in my mobile before installing your zip. After installing using Magisk, the file gps.conf is not present in /vendor/etc when it was supposed to be moved as part of the installation, right?

Maybe something is missing in the code of the zip? I can see the gps.conf is inside of your zip file, but I have not found any code line referring to it .... Just trying to guess ... I am not an expert.

Detalhes

quando eu uso o GPS, percebo que se você tiver o modo econômico ligado, ele trava muito, quando você desliga o modo econômico ele encontra a posição correta.

Using english if you dont want be ban
Detalhes

quando eu uso o GPS, percebo que se você tiver o modo econômico ligado, ele trava muito, quando você desliga o modo econômico ele encontra a posição correta.

I just tested @RainGater solutions since last night and this morning on the way to my workplace using Google Maps and GPS Test app and all I can say is, his solutions is really works! Everybody with Stable EU ROM should try it.

Now my GPS locked the satellite really fast inside building and even so more faster under the sky!

My setup:
- Latest EU ROM Stable 10.0.6.0
- Magisk 17.2
- Solid Explorer from PlayStore
- Customized GPS.conf
I'm using ID server as suggested by him, but I changed the following line:
NTP_SERVER=id.pool.ntp.org --> I changed it to pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=0.id.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.id.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=2.id.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.id.pool.ntp.org

The rest are stay the same.

I hope this would last and not just work flawlessly for a few days and then GPS just died again :)

Everyone with Mi 8 and EU ROM should try it and thanks to @RainGater for sharing his solutions with us!

Last edited:
I think that GPS problem has been solved with 10.0.6.0 update.
When I was on 10.0.5.0 my GPS worked few hours after phone reboot, but after update on 10.0.6.0, my GPS now work two days without problem.

I think that GPS problem has been solved with 10.0.6.0 update.
When I was on 10.0.5.0 my GPS worked few hours after phone reboot, but after update on 10.0.6.0, my GPS now work two days without problem.

Does it work without data too? My main issue was the phone didn't get gps signal if it was not connected to data/wifi... If it is solved in the 10.0.6.0 I will install it today.

I have turn off network, data and wifi and tested GPS in car when I was driving and for me GPS working normally and lock is almost instantly.

I have turn off network, data and wifi and tested GPS in car when I was driving and for me GPS working normally and lock is almost instantly.
That's very good...i will try.

The fix that the colleague recommended requires root access and I wouldn't like rooting the phone

I just tested @RainGater solutions since last night and this morning on the way to my workplace using Google Maps and GPS Test app and all I can say is, his solutions is really works! Everybody with Stable EU ROM should try it.

I'm using ID server as suggested by him, but I changed the following line:
NTP_SERVER=id.pool.ntp.org --> I changed it to pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=0.id.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.id.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=2.id.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.id.pool.ntp.org
I did not suggest to use "id" and not sure where you got that from. You will have to replace the "id" with your country code. This is my setup for USA:

#USA
NTP_SERVER=pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=0.us.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.us.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=2.us.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.us.pool.ntp.org

I did not suggest to use "id" and not sure where you got that from. You will have to replace the "id" with your country code. This is my setup for USA:

#USA
NTP_SERVER=pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=0.us.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.us.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=2.us.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.us.pool.ntp.org

The first line was copied from your attachment for Indonesia's GPS.conf in XDA-Dev after I asked for it. Perhaps is a typo though, no worries :)

The first line was copied from your attachment for Indonesia's GPS.conf in XDA-Dev after I asked for it. Perhaps is a typo though, no worries :)
For Indonesia, the country code is "id" and I put it there purposefully :)

Almost a week with latest stable EU ROM for my Mi 8 and the GPS performance is really stunning! Everytime I open Maps, it locked the satellites very quickly.

Almost a week with latest stable EU ROM for my Mi 8 and the GPS performance is really stunning! Everytime I open Maps, it locked the satellites very quickly.
Problem about i changed it but not working in Vietnam :v