MI 9 12.0.5 global update =} NO GPS !!!

soulfan

Members
May 10, 2021
hello members. Can someone help me to fix my gps ? I didnt use it for a long time . Since then the only major changes for my phone were The update to 12.0.5 global and setting a private DNS, beside installing and uninstalling various apps. I tried everything i found on google :

1. installing various gps apps( gps fix, gps reset, gps tools etc)
2.maps and google are set to location all the time
3. i can't acces the hidden menu for a gps to cahnge the server to google
4. miui 12 doenst have anymore the Accuracy options (high, medium and low)
5. re downloaded and reinstalled miui 12.0.5

Simptoms : it finds my actual location but it freezes. Google maps says after 2 minutes : gps signal lost.

Reactions: Kiwiindo
hello members. Can someone help me to fix my gps ? I didnt use it for a long time . Since then the only major changes for my phone were The update to 12.0.5 global and setting a private DNS, beside installing and uninstalling various apps. I tried everything i found on google :

Simptoms : it finds my actual location but it freezes. Google maps says after 2 minutes : gps signal lost.
I have the same problem on mi 10 Ultra. I can see the satellites with GPS tools and it finds my location. So GPS tools getting signal and tracking.
If I start Google maps (GM) it finds my location but then doesn't stay connected to track my movement and gives GPS signal lost after about 2 mins. If I stop GM giving directions then restart it picks up the current location. But again fails to track as I move.

To me it seems GM is not keeping GPS alive and streaming coordinates?

Reloading GM doesn't help nor clearing cache and data.

Thinking to reload Chinese ROM to see if that works.

Any suggestions?
I am running xiaomi.eu stable ROM 12.5.1.0.RJJCNXM_v12-11
128/8gb with 32gb stored.
Thanks

Ps if I test GPS in kernel then it passes and finds satellites, 3 from window with signal 20 ish...

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sure you don't have any metal case or plastic metal- painted?
Also nothing that can block or reduce the very weak GPS signal like stickers on the case if any.
good you found the solution while I was typing.....