New Mi 9-12.0.5 - Lock screen expand notification swipe bug

limb0ist

Members
Jul 27, 2019
So when you receive a notification on your lockscreen, you can drag it down to extend it to be able to read the rest of it. With the 12.0.5 you cannot do that. You can drag it but it snaps back into the short form.

EDIT: FIXED BY TOTAL WIPE AND REINSTALLING THE MOD. IF IT DOESN'T WORK, REFLASH GLOBAL ROM AND INSTALL EU ROM.

Last edited:
So when you receive a notification on your lockscreen, you can drag it down to extend it to be able to read the rest of it. With the 12.0.5 you cannot do that. You can drag it but it snaps back into the short form.
Take a look here maybe it can be of help
EDIT
That was for notification shade
For lock screen go to
Settings->notifications->lock screen notifications->format
Select "show notification content"

And under app info make sure the app is allowed to display lock screen notifications

Last edited:
Take a look here maybe it can be of help
EDIT
That was for notification shade
For lock screen go to
Settings->notifications->lock screen notifications->format
Select "show notification content"

And under app info make sure the app is allowed to display lock screen notifications

The notifications appear, that's not the problem. The problem is when I want to drag it down to read the rest of the message or make "Reply" button appear. it doesn't stay dragged. It becomes short version again.

And you have had this feature available on previous MIUI 12 version?

Yeah I was able to do it on 12.0.3. It is not a feature tbh. Once you drag the notifcation down on the lockscreen, you can see the buttons "mark as read" or "reply" for example on a Whatsapp notification. Now on 12.0.5, I can drag it down, see those two buttons but cannot touch on them because it snaps back up.

Even on the official xiaomi forum they say that quick reply is not available on lock screen

Even on the official xiaomi forum they say that quick reply is not available on lock screen

I've downgraded just now and I noticed that I lost that ability. I can't even long press on the notifications now which showed settings about that notification. Weird...

I've downgraded just now and I noticed that I lost that ability. I can't even long press on the notifications now which showed settings about that notification. Weird...
Seriously weird.
But i guess that is settled now...no quick reply on lock screen

Seriously weird.
But i guess that is settled now...no quick reply on lock screen

Yeah you did question myself though... I mean isn't it weird having "Reply" button when I drag notifications on the lock screen?