Resolved Mi 9T Pro . Blocklist not working properly

ErPeh

Members
Oct 8, 2019
Blocklist drives me mad on my Mi 9T Pro.
Only the blocking of separate Phone Numbers are working correctly.

If i try to Block an area code completely, it does not work.
(Even trying that by installing an App which worked very well on my old HTC 10 instead of using the xiaomi Blocklist does not help)

The Smartphone keeps ringing.

How are you trying to block an area code if writing a "+" in "Add prefix" is not possible?

I confirm that blocking region or country codes (or any other prefix) does not work in MIUI for quite a while. I need to block calls from UK, but no matter how I put the number /prefix into the block list, it just doesn't block the calls. No problem whatsoever with full individual numbers, they are being blocked flawlessly.

Reactions: ErPeh
How are you trying to block an area code if writing a "+" in "Add prefix" is not possible?

Think its SECURITY (in German its "Sicherheit" App), then Blocklist ("Sperrliste")
You have following options to add to the List: 1. Telephone Numbers 2. Area Codes 3. Contacts

Normally, its both "+" and "00" possible for doing that, and because there is no "+" on the xiaomi, i used "00" instead.
Need to Block +43 and +44 (or 0043 and 0044)

(I tried it after the xiaomi app fails with CALLS BLACKLIST app which i used before on my HTC10, for more than 2 Years, with the ability to use the "+", and even this app do not work with my new Smartphone anymore trying both ways!)

" while it is 00 in most European, Asian and African countries. On GSM (cellular) networks, the prefix may automatically be inserted when the user prefixes a dialed number with the plus sign "

Sorry, my english is not the best.
(If i can help with Screenshots, Videos or other information?!)

Last edited:
Think its SECURITY (in German its "Sicherheit" App), then Blocklist ("Sperrliste")
You have following options to add to the List: 1. Telephone Numbers 2. Area Codes 3. Contacts

Normally, its both "+" and "00" possible for doing that, and because there is no "+" on the xiaomi, i used "00" instead.
Need to Block +43 and +44 (or 0043 and 0044)

(I tried it after the xiaomi app fails with CALLS BLACKLIST app which i used before on my HTC10, for more than 2 Years, with the ability to use the "+", and even this app do not work with my new Smartphone anymore trying both ways!)

" while it is 00 in most European, Asian and African countries. On GSM (cellular) networks, the prefix may automatically be inserted when the user prefixes a dialed number with the plus sign "

Sorry, my english is not the best.
(If i can help with Screenshots, Videos or other information?!)
Not "Area Codes", it's labeled "Add prefix". I'm not aware that it supports "00" in place of "+".
Sadly there is no "+" in the dialer-style Google keyboard. Try writing "+" anywhere else (i.e Notes app), then copying it and pasting in the "Add prefix" field, and fill in the prefix you want to block. Let me know if this works around the problem.

Reactions: ErPeh
Not "Area Codes", it's labeled "Add prefix". I'm not aware that it supports "00" in place of "+".
Sadly there is no "+" in the dialer-style Google keyboard. Try writing "+" anywhere else (i.e Notes app), then copying it and pasting in the "Add prefix" field, and fill in the prefix you want to block. Let me know if this works around the problem.

IT WORKS!
Thank you SO much!
Why didn't i have had the idea to try to copy and paste the + symbol... argh ;-)

Your next Beer is on me!

IT WORKS!
Thank you SO much!
Why didn't i have had the idea to try to copy and paste the + symbol... argh ;-)

Your next Beer is on me!
Hehe thanks a lot. Yeah, some keyboards actually allow to write the "+" character, albeit a bit hidden.
For example, the 'dialer-mode' in Xperia keyboard which I use has the same key layout, but holding the "-" key will input "+" instead (even though it's not indicated anywhere on the keys). Sadly, that trick doesn't work with the Google keyboard. :p