Mi Home Push Notifications

Discussion in 'Xiaomi MiJia Smart / Wi-Fi Products' started by braguzz, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Ioannis Tziasios

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    I never changed servers and it works. It is a matter of server fix

2. Faz1964

Faz1964Members

Feb 19, 2018
    All working fine for me now. Hope all others are the same.

Just got to get Google Home working on all servers now.

3. oczekp

oczekpMembers

Monday
    Male
    #53oczekp,Apr 16, 2018 at 5:18 PM
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 5:24 PM
    I think the notification works until the app will close some sockets with server. It depends on what socket it then tries to establish the connetion and based on that works or not. What I found in my case, just created sample manual action, when clicked send the notification. It gives me control to eliminate HW issues with Xiaomi gateway if any.
    What I did then: Application -> Clear Data, confirm -> Force stop -> and Uninstall -> Install once again, sign in.
    Remove old notification trigger and add new, click it, and in almost every case it was working OK. OK, till some time when it stops working anymore.
    What I checked is that when clicking the trigger application is using socket to server 'A' (actually using the one currently opened on start up) and getting response back. When notifications are working in that case, there is another socket opened with server 'B' and notification data is coming in that case. When notifications are not working, then this socket is not being opened and nothing coming from 'B'. Don't know what exactly is going on there but imho looks like Xiaomi cloud is not working properly. Maybe they have DNS on the way and maybe depends on what server it connects to it will work or not. I have noticed also plenty of TCP retransmissions when notifications are not coming.

4. Ioannis Tziasios

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    Just arrived an update 1.5.27 for the mi home app including this:

1, There is new online customer service features
    2 Optimize the stability of system push messages
    3, Fixed problems such as abnormal fingerprint unlocking

5. oczekp

oczekpMembers

Monday
    Male
    Great news, hope it will fix problems with notifications finally.
    BTW has anyone had ever issue with crash on entering door or body sensor due the missing resources, I guess translations, on Oreo android for English language? When running in Chinese or Russian all works fine.

ilfavi likes this.
  6. ilfavi

ilfaviMembers

Jan 13, 2015
    Window/Door sensors, motion sensors, all kind of switches, make the app crash.
    Mi Home 5.1.26
    Language English
    Server China

Inviato dal mio LG-H870 utilizzando Tapatalk

Ioannis Tziasios likes this.
  7. minixoption

Apr 2, 2018
    5.1.27 update solved mine