Mi Home Push Notifications

Apr 16, 2018
I think the notification works until the app will close some sockets with server. It depends on what socket it then tries to establish the connetion and based on that works or not. What I found in my case, just created sample manual action, when clicked send the notification. It gives me control to eliminate HW issues with Xiaomi gateway if any.
What I did then: Application -> Clear Data, confirm -> Force stop -> and Uninstall -> Install once again, sign in.
Remove old notification trigger and add new, click it, and in almost every case it was working OK. OK, till some time when it stops working anymore.
What I checked is that when clicking the trigger application is using socket to server 'A' (actually using the one currently opened on start up) and getting response back. When notifications are working in that case, there is another socket opened with server 'B' and notification data is coming in that case. When notifications are not working, then this socket is not being opened and nothing coming from 'B'. Don't know what exactly is going on there but imho looks like Xiaomi cloud is not working properly. Maybe they have DNS on the way and maybe depends on what server it connects to it will work or not. I have noticed also plenty of TCP retransmissions when notifications are not coming.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018
Great news, hope it will fix problems with notifications finally.
BTW has anyone had ever issue with crash on entering door or body sensor due the missing resources, I guess translations, on Oreo android for English language? When running in Chinese or Russian all works fine.

Jan 13, 2015
Great news, hope it will fix problems with notifications finally.
BTW has anyone had ever issue with crash on entering door or body sensor due the missing resources, I guess translations, on Oreo android for English language? When running in Chinese or Russian all works fine.
Window/Door sensors, motion sensors, all kind of switches, make the app crash.
Mi Home 5.1.26
Language English
Server China

Inviato dal mio LG-H870 utilizzando Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2018
Here too NO push notifications.I've tried switching from China to Europe and back, tried un- and re install the app, still NO push notifications.
If ONE thing should be relaiable on this camera it should be the push function!
One very strange thing though, I wanted to share the camera with my girlfriend so she installed the app and logged in with my credentials and she gets notifications!!
Which makes me think it's not a Xiaomi side error because settings are ok and the same only one cellphone gets notifications while the other doesn't.
I looked at permissions and stuff but everything seems to be setup ok. Maybe some specific cellphone problem...

Jul 26, 2018
Here too NO push notifications.I've tried switching from China to Europe and back, tried un- and re install the app, still NO push notifications.
If ONE thing should be relaiable on this camera it should be the push function!
One very strange thing though, I wanted to share the camera with my girlfriend so she installed the app and logged in with my credentials and she gets notifications!!
Which makes me think it's not a Xiaomi side error because settings are ok and the same only one cellphone gets notifications while the other doesn't.
I looked at permissions and stuff but everything seems to be setup ok. Maybe some specific cellphone problem...
Your problem are solved? I've de same problem....

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A5010 através do Tapatalk